ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freak hail storm ruins my 172

BG182FF
We had a freak shower of pretty large hailstones too, fortunatley at work I park the 182 under a big bushy hedge/tree. Hasn't been touched :wipes sweat off brow:

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Is that the 197? is the piece of shite the same?

Yeah it is, I had the 182 and the storm was no way near as bad where I was, it's only one of them at least.

Been and had a quote, every panel will be repaired and resprayed so the whole car will be resprayed. With all new decals it'll cost around £3800

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
if you dont muller the paint pretty much every dent ive had had been pulled- its whether a dent man has the patience & time to do it-

Cost wise- I imagine they would be looking towards 1k

Steve

Ged

PD130 Peach
no hail stones but had to do some serious fording to get home... water mark on my car was like near the bump strips on the doors :| thank god for diesel!

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Dent man?

Can they do it>? mine is a magician
I'd say a good dent man could get a lot of them out, but there are some in double skinned areas and places they can't get to. There's so many in the bonnet I don't think it would ever be right, dents on dents

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
If you want to PM me some photos etc

I could probably get it done- it depends whether you are going through insurance-

I spoke to him earlier- joe public is around 8-900 quid but he would do me a great deal-
just trying to save you some money

Steve

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Unreal guys. You always hear about things in America etc but that's crazy.

Not good. :(

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Feel so sorry for the people with damaged cars. Mine and toms cars were parked outside of work in the centre of town and all we got was flooding with no hail.

RenaultSport 172
Hinckley and burbage got the massive hailstones! Saw the flooding in Leicester in twitter. Mad scenes!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
I think thurmaston got it aswell. Not nice. I've never seen the sky as dark as it was. Did look like tornado type weather.

1.2 Dynamique
My car was parked up at work in Leicester

I don't want to go through insurance so what are the options and what am I expecting to pay in regards to price?

New bonnet or is it repairable and what about the roof? :|

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
2nd hand bonnet would be the cheapest repair for the front and you could get a dent tech for the roof but depends if they can do all if not then ring renparts and get them to cut you a roof off and get a bodyshop to change the roof skin then spray it. I payed £100 for a roof from them and genuine new one is £400ish.

2010 Clio RS200
I got my main dealer quote today for my 2010 RS200 repair for all dents, paint, panels and labour.......

£3422.59

All i have to pay is £150 excess, so am gonna go for it and be without my beauty for 2 weeks

Porsche GT4
It did the same to my 3 month old Range Rover sport, the bonnet needs changing & the garage is going to try there best on the roof.

If it was my car, I know paintless dent removal is a skill, but i'd be tempted to buy a beginners dent removal kit and practice massaging the dents out, but obviously a replace/respray is needed on a account of this many dents.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
If it was my car, I know paintless dent removal is a skill, but i'd be tempted to buy a beginners dent removal kit and practice massaging the dents out, but obviously a replace/respray is needed on a account of this many dents.

Wouldnt want to attempt a roof, doors yes maybe as you can massage dents out by levering off inner door skin to correct outer skin imperfections, but on the roof it's going to be freehand dent removal fook that, will be worse than when you started.

Mini 1000/172/Leon
Ouch :/
Seen similar to a nearly new GTR on pistonheads apparently his neighbours 61 plate leon was written off hope this gets fixed quickly :)

Clio 172
Our bodyshop at work got a million pounds worth of work from this storm. They reckon there were over 200,000 calls to the insurance comapnies in 45 minutes after the storm. Regarding these dents anyone around Leicester/Coventry area wants the number of a very very good dent man then drop me a pm, he is ex Jaguar bodyshop and has been self employed for years, best guy I have ever seen and will do alot of stuff that most will tell you is 'bodyshop'.

1.2 Dynamique
Ahh mate! same happened to me! my car was sitting in the car park and i came back to 20-30 dinks in my roof and bonnet! to be fair i got let off easy compared to the amount of windows i saw smashed plus their dinks! 1st pic is the dink and 2nd is someones civic

IMG_0767.jpgIMG_0758.jpg

Lots of Alfas
2 of my mates have had their cars written off due to the hail in Leicestershire, My Altea has a couple on the roof, luckily my clio was parked under a tree at work at the time. I was at Morrisons in Hinckley on Sat and couldnt beleive the amount of cars that were battered all over.

RenaultSport 172
Don't know how people have got on since it happened. Guessing most sensible people (not me) have already got theirs done. Im only just getting round to sorting my body work out.
Decided on going for a second hand bonnet, and letting a dent guy have a go at the roof. Might even practice some dent removal on the old bonnet.
Also replacing a rear bumper, so if anyone wants a monaco blue rear bumper with a cut out for a twin pipe exhaust system let me know. :)