ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

free k&n r/r and filter kit on the 172

Tesla MP3 2021
just drove bens 172 with the apollo and its made a massive increase.
the kit looks fab aswell suits the engine bay to a tee.
now ive always been sceptical of k&n's....like ive always used pipercross stuff.
but i drove the 172 with a viper on aswell but i have to say the k&n gives a better response....for 1 it sounds fit and the gain is masive.better response from 3-5revs and when the cam kicks in it goes to the limiter alot quicker.

Skoda Fabia vRS
nice one

seems they are gonna be doing direct kits with the Apollo, its not been selling as well as they had hoped i think in its universal form, what did they expect though, the price was/is too high for the materials its made from

VaVa
4bhp... massive..... hmmmm.

I doubt very much you'd even notice a 4bhp increase. Are you sure it's not the noise giving a bit of a placebo effect?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
we thought that at first, but evan in straight line against the usual m8s cars it just go's go's n go's, what could posible give u a better gain, out of al the kits including the itg max ive used this is the best one in many ways!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
BRUN said:
nice one

seems they are gonna be doing direct kits with the Apollo, its not been selling as well as they had hoped i think in its universal form, what did they expect though, the price was/is too high for the materials its made from

thats what the guy said to me, people dont wana pay 150 for a filter in uni form, for 150 now u get a silcon bend, mounting brakets, and all the feds etc, think there on sale in 2 weeks

If you really think that something that adds 3bhp and a couple of pounds of torque makes that much of a difference then your either in dream land or you need to get your head tested. You wouldnt feel any difference when driving it, the noise has gone to your head mate.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
^^ lol if u know ur car as well as i and others do, then yer you would notice, uncleiven has driven it last nite, he has a 182 and can feel the diff, ive been there with louder filters b4 , the viper and bmc had the noise, they didnt make the diff, anyway samrt arse what would use, what do u drive?

peugeot 106 gti
aha now u kno wat its like to have my engine 1.1 8v bout 10bhp lol ah well. didnt ad ge the same deal fromk them? koz his sounds FAT

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
MikeyR said:
aha now u kno wat its like to have my engine 1.1 8v bout 10bhp lol ah well. didnt ad ge the same deal fromk them? koz his sounds FAT

Can somebody please translate this into English ??

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mr jingles said:
If you really think that something that adds 3bhp and a couple of pounds of torque makes that much of a difference then your either in dream land or you need to get your head tested. You wouldnt feel any difference when driving it, the noise has gone to your head mate.

if thats the case then why do people notice a difference in there performance when the air temperatures cooler?

and if you wouldnt feel any difference when driving it then why are there so many different manufacturers that make performance air filters if they dont make a difference? i took my filter off and went back to my airbox to see if it felt any different and 2 hours later the induction kit was back on, engine response is much better, it pulls better through the revs and most noticeable between 5,000-6,000rpm

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
itg panel filter all the way, had a viper, bmc, piperx open ik, k&n open ik(proper s**t!!!!!!!) some uni fit ones ive got lurking about somewhere and nothing feels better than the itg, no gains but much more smoother the other i found either had a bit of lag(sort of hesitant) or was smooth mid to top range,

9bhp from an ik pah, northampton motorsport rr'd jph172 car at 184bhp, he got 190? at bb tuning, northampton motorsport showed us a few tricks and then gave him 210bhp and you would never know!!! its all a marketing gimmick