ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show 2010 Convoy

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
definately!!!! where will the bbq be?????

btw the new times are fine by me

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
definately!!!! where will the bbq be?????

btw the new times are fine by me

Erm...At the French Car Show! ;)

It would need buy in from a lot of people to make it work...last time we had different people bring along different things, and it took us almost a month to get it organised...

DB.

BMW 440i
Arranged a BBQ successfully with 206info last year.

Just needs a long list of everything needed, with people putting (Copy and pasting) there names next to things!

ibiza cupra
sound then heres a list of stuff i can think of. if anyone else thinks of somthing then add it on.
-sausages
-burgers
-cheese slices
-onions
-ketchup
-brown sauce
-bbq sauce
-finger rolls
-bbps
think it would probly be best if we keep it simple. if people start messing with chicken brests and pork chops, it could get confusing if alot of people want in.
think we should also limit it to the people within the convoy. that way we know who has put towards it and also everyone will be parked in the same place when we get there.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Arranged a BBQ successfully with 206info last year.

Just needs a long list of everything needed, with people putting (Copy and pasting) there names next to things!

sound then heres a list of stuff i can think of. if anyone else thinks of somthing then add it on.
-sausages
-burgers
-cheese slices
-onions
-ketchup
-brown sauce
-bbq sauce
-finger rolls
-bbps
think it would probly be best if we keep it simple. if people start messing with chicken brests and pork chops, it could get confusing if alot of people want in.
think we should also limit it to the people within the convoy. that way we know who has put towards it and also everyone will be parked in the same place when we get there.

Sorry to piss on everyone's chips...but who's actually 'doing' the BBQ as Mandy hasn't said she would yet!

DB.

BMW 440i
This should be a Cliosport thing, not just West Midlands.

Here is the list i stole from 206info for this year.

What's Required

Accessories

Tables (VorTechS x 1, Antix x 2)
Table Coverings (VorTechS x 2, Antix x 1)
Mini-Marquee with sides (VorTechS, mikey2uk)
Disposable BBQs (Antix x 2, Mrs_Howey x 1)
BBQ Cutlery
General Cutlery (Antix: 80x plastic knives/spoons/forks)
206Info Banner (Mrs_Howey, mikey2uk)
Coolboxes (Mrs_Howey x 2)
Chairs (Antix x4)
Black sacks (Antix)
Paper plates/cups/napkins (Antix: 37 plates, 60 napkins)
Bricks / BBQ Stands (DJ-XS x 6)
Sandbags (Will see if this is something Mark @ FCS can provide)

Food

Sausages
Burgers
Veg. Sausages
Veg. Burgers
Chicken
Burger Rolls
Hotdog Rolls
Onions
Tomato Sauce (Antix x 1)
Brown Sauce (Antix x 1)
French Mustard

Drinks

Cola
Lemonade
Orangeade
Diet Cola
Diet Lemonade
Squash?
Juice?

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Would be good idea, but as donny said whos gona be doing the cooking lol i think most of us are going to be too busy looking at cars to be standing watching food cook.

18 days to go!

ibiza cupra
Would be good idea, but as donny said whos gona be doing the cooking lol i think most of us are going to be too busy looking at cars to be standing watching food cook.

18 days to go!
this is true. i dont want to spend my hard earned cash an tickets then spend the day cooking for everyone else. not fair to expect others to either. might just take a cool bag and a few sausages and a disposable bbq for me and my bro. would work out cheaper than buying food there lol.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Think this has been left a bit late tbh, also would be better in it's on thread.

18 days to go!

this is true. i dont want to spend my hard earned cash an tickets then spend the day cooking for everyone else. not fair to expect others to either. might just take a cool bag and a few sausages and a disposable bbq for me and my bro. would work out cheaper than buying food there lol.

I agree with all of this, it is too late.

The last time we did this, we had about a month to prepare and we got the West Midlands lads to chip in with different things (meat, etc). This was opened up to all of CS, but those who hadn't put in were invited to put a donation into the kitty to cover people's expenses to get the stuff.

Mandy was the one who paid for a ticket, but didn't get to see that much of the show as she spent 99% of it cooking...and the other 1% in the loo...she enjoyed doing it, but it was her suggestion, it wasn't expected of her. We all helped out in our own ways and tried to show CS how its done.

Most of the old skool lads who did this are no longer on the forum, but for those who still are...Thanks for the work back then. It turned out to be a cracking day...didn't it Dave and Brian? ;)

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Man if only i joined sooner seemed like a cracking day hopefully 2010 FCS will be just as good.

421 Cammed 172
Got my tickets yesterday too.

In regards to a BBQ i'm just taking a throw away one that last an hour, plenty of time to cook what i want and costs less than a fiver in wilko's!

New times.

M54 - Cosford jct - 6:10am

1) Joshua.J
2) Walmsley69

M6 - Corley Services - 6:55am

1) Rich_1989
2) Ben172
3) Joshua.J
4) Dave63
5) kevin.s
6) theduck
7) Justinhinks87
8) Ad172UK

M6 - J2 in Layby 7:05am

1) Curley
2) Tomo182
3) Davis88

421 Cammed 172
Would anyone be up for a photo shoot on the way home?

There's a good place by millennium point in Birmingham city centre, some nice graffiti there, would be a good back drop!

421 Cammed 172
Does anyone have any passengers doing moving pics?

I wouldn't mind one :rasp:

Shall we get a new thread on the go for the 'After FCS photoshoot'???

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Gona try and get the misses to take pics but will probably end up blured and of her thumb lol.

ibiza cupra
my bro will be with me but only using a camera phone :(, might be a good idea to start a new thread though as then it wont be limited to people in the midlands, anyone who has to drive past to get home could join in too.

200 Gordini

1) Curley
2) Tomo182
3) Davis88

There is no lay by near J2 on M6 but there is a lay by just off it. Will someone be willing to ring/text/drop call me as you are approaching the junction and then we can catch up if you drop to the slow lane for a minute or 2?

421 Cammed 172

1) Curley
2) Tomo182
3) Davis88

There is no lay by near J2 on M6 but there is a lay by just off it. Will someone be willing to ring/text/drop call me as you are approaching the junction and then we can catch up if you drop to the slow lane for a minute or 2?

I can. PM me just to make sure ive got the right number still.

DB.

BMW 440i
My mrs will have my dads DSLR which produces cracking photos, but she will just be pointing and shooting on Automatic, as i do! lol

ibiza cupra
just dug out the ol` 5 megapixel camera lol. will probly take that as my phone has got bits of dirt and dust stuck in it and every pic i take has great big black dots all over it lol.

G51 BEN
Any of you going from Birmingham fancy picking up and bringing down a front RS bumper for me to FCS? :p

(waits for a strong flow of NO's)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Ben, which part of North West are you from?

As the M6 goes straight from Warrington/Knutsford...past Brum, then onto the A14 to Rockingham...might save you having to beg for someone to do it.

Sheldon is right by the Airport, which is the other side of Birmingham to me. If it had been nearer I'd have done it no worries.

G51 BEN
Ben, which part of North West are you from?

As the M6 goes straight from Warrington/Knutsford...past Brum, then onto the A14 to Rockingham...might save you having to beg for someone to do it.

Preston...

Would we be passing Sheldon at all going down the M6? Im not 100% sure which way we are going as im going down with Cal182 and Da.

Im presuming M6 though!

421 Cammed 172
Preston...

Would we be passing Sheldon at all going down the M6? Im not 100% sure which way we are going as im going down with Cal182 and Da.

Im presuming M6 though!

You'll be passing yea, well kind of. M42 is best for sheldon but you can use m6. The m42 branches off the m6.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
You'll be passing yea, well kind of. M42 is best for sheldon but you can use m6. The m42 branches off the m6.

Ad, I would do straight M6...as M42 heads North, so you would be heading North, to go South again!

G51 BEN
how very confusing. Il have to have a word with Cal182 and see if we can pick it up on the way back

421 Cammed 172
Ad, I would do straight M6...as M42 heads North, so you would be heading North, to go South again!

You can do M42 south, You just have to keep right after leaving the M6 and it'll take you south.

If he goes M6 straight he'll have to get off at 4 or 6 and go A & B roads which could take ages!

DB.

BMW 440i
M54 - Cosford jct - 6:10am

1) Joshua.J
2) Walmsley69

M6 - Corley Services - 6:55am

1) Rich_1989
2) Ben172
3) Joshua.J
4) Dave63
5) kevin.s
6) theduck
7) Justinhinks87
8) Ad172UK
9) Jamie (Dave63's mate in 206 Gti180)

1) Curley
2) Tomo182
3) Davis88

More poke than viagr
Dont know wheres best for me to meet up but count me in!

Ill get the missus to get some rolling shots of everyone aswell ;) :D