ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French car show - 5th June 2011

White Sti Hatch
Hi BioHzrd

This is infact untrue, we open meguiars equally to classic, standard, performance and modified. Last year a completely standard Williams Clio won French Car Show Car of the year 2010.

To be honest though we cannot appeal enough for standard cars to take part. The modified cars tend to grab your attention more and I agree 2-3 years ago thats all that really did take part.

http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/Meguiars11.shtml

Thanks
Mark

Im not saying it the selection process that lets the stand down i was on it in 2009 with a couple of other CS members, what lets it down for me and i know it also pissed of the other members on the stand was that the a question asked by the "judges" was how much you'd spent on your car and to find out that the 3 winners were the ones who had to me sees the need for a name change.

Hi mate

In no way should it be down to spend, I agree 100% and the judging forms don't lend themselves to spend and wasn't a question on the paperwork.

The judges are volunteers from the clubs and infact 2009 we had one judge from the CS committee who didn't show as they were too busy. Maybe would have made a difference as it is subjective. We use club admin/staff to avoid any issues.

Also now a modified car is NOT judged with a standard car.

Feedback is good and I am glad to say it has changed since 2009.

Mark

clio sport 172
hey guys and girls , what the lastes time of arival to be on the stand this year , normaly im first to be on site , but as now have my new little girl , dont think be ther that early unles i on my own , .,,, all so is a list being started for the perade lap , ?? looking at ordering ticked this week end

Hello

French Car Show 2011
Sunday 5th June
Rockingham, Northants
NN17 5AF
Gates open 0700 and close 1700

The awesome line up and BIG names keeps expanding, as well as attractions on the day for a fun filled day that is enjoyable for everyone. The show is suitable for families as well.

5 weeks on Sunday and tickets start to roll out NEXT week.

Rockingham, Northants 5th June -
http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop/

Don't forget track slots from £22 incl briefing or for the hard core 180 minutes open pit, no interuptions (except track safety) for a bargain £99 including pit garage with power, lighting and running water.

Free Dodgems
Maxxis Tyres Rig
Legends of Group B
Clash of the titans
Voltz live arena
Meguiars Top 25
UKFMZ
Renaultsport Display and Track Rides
Citroen UK stand and DS3R
Japspeed Featuring SHANE LYNCH
Europes fastest Circuit
Freebies I promise!

Cast an eye on the trade list for Adrian Flux French Car Show 2011. Swelling by the day now. Some
awesome companies and many new names on top of last years list. With 5 weeks to go (come Sunday)
I expect us to have many more on the day……

Adrian Flux Insurance
Meguiars
Volts Energy
RS Tuning
Performance French Cars Magazine
Renault / Renaultsport UK (RS Track Rides and latest range)

Renaultsport village - new
Citroen UK (DS R Racing and Track demo) - new
Peugeot – Some press cars
K-Tec Racing – back again for 2011
Pug1off
RickyP RPM
Renault Parts Direct
Flash Remapping - new
Dodo Juice
Autoglym
Steve Watson Automotive Electronics (Audio) – back again for 2011
Europlates
Prima Racing
Pug Performance
Sweet Bizarre
The Performance Company (Ramus/Vmaax/Goodrich Hoses/Pipercross) - new
Tour De Force / Track Group
Rob McDougall Photography
Red Dot Racing
Santapod
Boost Junkies (Silicon hopses)
Streamline Carbon
The AA
Demon Tweeks
519 Automotive - new
Constella - new
Tarox - new
NV Autocare – new
CPR Performance – New
CGB Motorsport - New

Tickets £14.95 in advance
Track from £22 slot or £99 for 180 minutes with pit garage. 8 slots left for 180 minute sessions

Need any help or questions PLEASE ASK me mark@frenchcarshow.co.uk

Please drop me an email if you have replied as I may miss your response……

FCS on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8225667&ref=ts

Thanks
Mark
Show Organiser
http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/
mark@frenchcarshow.co.uk

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Try not to leave it till a week before, less chance they'll actually arrive then.

Slow red one
How early do ya reckon i'd need to get there to ensure a place for the parade lap? Be a bit of a let down going especially early and not getting a place. Sorry if this has already been asked.

R

robclio182

How early do ya reckon i'd need to get there to ensure a place for the parade lap? Be a bit of a let down going especially early and not getting a place. Sorry if this has already been asked.
The parade laps are at dinner time anyway mate , just sign the disclaimer in the morning when you get there

MK2 Clio
Is it just RS who are allowed on the parade lap or anyone? And is it a flat out lap or a "casual cruise"

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
You have to maintain a speed of 100mph all the way round :clown:

Slow basicly, the car at the front will set the pace, no over taking, remember it's not a track day.

All Clio's are allowed

MK2 Clio
I have never seen this, what is the chance of an accident and what would you say would be a rough pace brian? 40mph? 600x lightspeed?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Yeah, 30-40 maybe, might get a bit start stop, that's what generally happens.

Provided everyone is sensible, there won't be an accident.

Bux

Golf GTD
I got my FCS ticket in the post today! Need to figure out where to put my FCS 11 stickers now

S4 Avant
Excellent, I'll book them once I've rolled over. Currently I'm lying on my wallet and don't want to move.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I'm a club member.

Don't worry, I won't bother!

Ok I will give you a bit more explanation as to why i've bluntly said no above so you can put some context behind why.

This is Cliosport's parade lap celebrating our 10th anniversary.

I can see where you are coming from regarding being a club member and ordinarily I wouldn't have a problem with other Marques being in the parade lap. For our annaversery though i'd prefer it to be all Clio's to be honest. We are going to get magazine coverage around this, and were hoping for some cracking photographs to create content on the site with. There is the flip side of the coin that says having other marques on our parade lap demonstrates the diversity of active members part of our club however I genuinely think that a Fiat Panda (or any other non clio motor) banged in the middle of it would look really out of place, which is why for me Clio's take priority.

This may be subject to change as we've not discussed it as a team, but that's where I stand on it.

[FONT=&quot]New Section at FCS 2011 – Autojumble & For Sale Section / Top 25 News[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Adrian Flux French Car Show News[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5th June 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rockingham, Northants[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By popular demand we have added an Auto-jumble section for customers to take parts and sell on the day. This area is NOT for traders and is a great opportunity to offload some spares.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
We have also allocated a “cars for sale” area which again is for attendees only and is non-commercial.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To request space in either of these areas please drop a message to gordon@frenchcarshow.co.uk[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Its free so take the opportunity[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shane Lynch is also confirmed as one of our stunt drivers with Team Japspeed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Meguiars Top 25[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Entries for the Meguiars Top 25 competition have now closed, thanks for all interest given. Those who have been selected will be notified if not already done so by a member of our team.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trade Area[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The trade area is looking awesome this year with many more key players attending and even many more manufacturers and engineering companies which is awesome news. We will post the final trade list in the coming weeks. K tec are back, Maxxis Tyres, it’s a real mixed bag we are proud of from all ends of the spectrum.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tickets[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tickets have started to move, a little later due to a supply hold up but you should see your tickets and passes hitting the door mat soon. Don’t forget we have limited £99 track deals left, Bargain. Plenty 15 minute sessions at a snip at £22 available.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/shop [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Neil/Jillian[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Ok I will give you a bit more explanation as to why i've bluntly said no above so you can put some context behind why.

This is Cliosport's parade lap celebrating our 10th anniversary.

I can see where you are coming from regarding being a club member and ordinarily I wouldn't have a problem with other Marques being in the parade lap. For our annaversery though i'd prefer it to be all Clio's to be honest. We are going to get magazine coverage around this, and were hoping for some cracking photographs to create content on the site with. There is the flip side of the coin that says having other marques on our parade lap demonstrates the diversity of active members part of our club however I genuinely think that a Fiat Panda (or any other non clio motor) banged in the middle of it would look really out of place, which is why for me Clio's take priority.

This may be subject to change as we've not discussed it as a team, but that's where I stand on it.

So based on that idea of keeping everything looking similar, is the parade lap only for mk2 clios??
as id love to take my mk1 valver on the parade lap, but once again its not a cliosport and may look out of place among the mk2s!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
So based on that idea of keeping everything looking similar, is the parade lap only for mk2 clios??
as id love to take my mk1 valver on the parade lap, but once again its not a cliosport and may look out of place among the mk2s!!

No all models of clios are ''prefered' based on the fact that it is a Renault Clio :)

Mk1/mk2/mk3 etc are all fine.

Clio 197
I have got my ticket but from my brother who is going with the 306 lot therefore i wont have specified Cliosport when ordering.

Can I a) get a place with you lot and b) included in the draw for the parade lap?