ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Honda to Renault!

Clio 182 Trophy
Clio 182 Trophy Edition NO. 38

Mods:

Prospeed Exhaust
Lightened Flywheel
Maxogen Induction Kit
Omp Front and Rear Strut Braces
Group N Engine Mounts
KTR Solid Top Mounts
Koni Adjustable Rear Suspension
Braided Brake lines

Photos:
20120609_121241.jpg

New to the renault scene as been a jap boy since i learned to drive with several honda civics and a half built track spec ED7 on the drive.

Wanted something i could have fun in and found this

Cheers

Luke

Clio 182 Trophy
Thanks for the welcome everyone, only had the car 2 days but loving it. Its pretty much exactly how i want it for the time being. Driving it though i think a remap is def on the cards to make the most of the mods.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm... lukethelaw... the name sounds familiar! :D What happened to the EP2? That was shaping up quite nicely (apart from the driveshaft that went pop!)

Welcome to the club, mate. Looks like a nice spec Trophy you've picked up there.

p.s. Apologies if I've mistaken you for another lukethelaw...

Clio 182 Trophy
Hmmm... lukethelaw... the name sounds familiar! :D What happened to the EP2? That was shaping up quite nicely (apart from the driveshaft that went pop!)

Welcome to the club, mate. Looks like a nice spec Trophy you've picked up there.

p.s. Apologies if I've mistaken you for another lukethelaw...

Andy! how you doing? Yes its the same lukethelaw. The ep2 got returned to stock to fund a deposit on moving out, then i chopped it in against the trophy. The trophy has much more go and much better out of the box as i wanted something to keep me amused on my commute to work.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Andy! how you doing? Yes its the same lukethelaw. The ep2 got returned to stock to fund a deposit on moving out, then i chopped it in against the trophy. The trophy has much more go and much better out of the box as i wanted something to keep me amused on my commute to work.
Ah - I thought it was you!

I'm very well thanks fella. Still got my Trophy although it's quite a different beast to the one I had the last time I saw you. In some ways it's a shame you got rid of the EP2 but needs must and all that. :) To be honest, I reckon you'll get you fair share of fun in the T; it's no Ferrari but a well-driven T can embarrass quite a few so-called superior cars. Have fun mate and enjoy!

Clio 182 Trophy
Welcome. How you finding it as a comparison?

The clio feels much more composed on the road and is of course much faster but the gearbox was better on the honda. I havent tried the clio without traction control but with the honda i had it set up so that i would get controlled oversteer when hitting corners hard which once i was used to i prefered. The clio sticks to the road but the honda still felt very solid, if thats the right word even when taking a corners abit too fast.