ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Renault Sport Clio to Renault Clio Sport

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Have been driving round for the past 6 months in my beautiful BG182, until some woman who is to old to be driving went into the back of me at the lights. Luckily been given a hire car but it's not quite as fun, still a Clio though. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308074246.946887.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1308074302.535654.jpg
It's not quite as ready as the 182 but at least one of the benefits from a 1.5 non turbo diesel is:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308074424.567781.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Non turbo ? Are you sure ?! Pretty sure there are no new N/A diesels due to emission laws etc..!

Strangely handsome looking wagon though .. wouldn't want one mind.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It is a turbo (dci). As said, you'd be hard pushed to find an NA diesel in a new car these days.

Hmm. I was in a similar situation recently where after a woman scraped the side of my 182, my car came back from the body shop and I wasn't happy with it. The insurance company told me they would send out a hire vehicle while mine went back. Here's what i ended up with instead of my 182 lol -
IMG00151-20110521-1323.jpg

I don't know exactly what the model is but it was 1.2 petrol and had a built in tom-tom. The surprising things were the fact that the seats were much comfier than the ones in the 182, everything on the interior trim felt thicker and tighter and the overall feel inside was a lot higher quality than the 182. However due to the fact that everything is now higher quality and thicker or bigger, another surprise was the fact driving it like a granny I could only achieve 35mpg! I get that in my 182 with a mixture of driving economically and fast when the roads are quieter which I now appreciate even more knowing that if I want to drive slow in the 182 i can get over 40mpg which is better than a more modern 1.2 clio. If the 182 had the build quality and comfort of the newer clio it would be an even better car.

260% JCW
Hmm. I was in a similar situation recently where after a woman scraped the side of my 182, my car came back from the body shop and I wasn't happy with it. The insurance company told me they would send out a hire vehicle while mine went back. Here's what i ended up with instead of my 182 lol -
IMG00151-20110521-1323.jpg

I don't know exactly what the model is but it was 1.2 petrol and had a built in tom-tom. The surprising things were the fact that the seats were much comfier than the ones in the 182, everything on the interior trim felt thicker and tighter and the overall feel inside was a lot higher quality than the 182. However due to the fact that everything is now higher quality and thicker or bigger, another surprise was the fact driving it like a granny I could only achieve 35mpg! I get that in my 182 with a mixture of driving economically and fast when the roads are quieter which I now appreciate even more knowing that if I want to drive slow in the 182 i can get over 40mpg which is better than a more modern 1.2 clio. If the 182 had the build quality and comfort of the newer clio it would be an even better car.

It would be a 197.

It would be a 197.

I disagree. Another thing i didn't like was the fact it just doesn't feel as agile as the 182 (i know it's a 1.2 not a 197) but I still think that the 197 is big in comparison to a 182 and the 182 would be better in the bends and under braking. I admit that in a straight line i'd expect the 197 to pull ahead. I've never seen a 197/200 while driving my car (that's been up for a play) so I don't know what would actually happen, it's just a theory.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I disagree. Another thing i didn't like was the fact it just doesn't feel as agile as the 182 (i know it's a 1.2 not a 197) but I still think that the 197 is big in comparison to a 182 and the 182 would be better in the bends and under braking.

no chance, its not as nimble but its a different ball game in handling and stability. i can carry 172 pace through bends in my standard GT, id imagine a 197/200 with stiffer suspension, wider tyres and brembos is another level above that!

no chance, its not as nimble but its a different ball game in handling and stability. i can carry 172 pace through bends in my standard GT, id imagine a 197/200 with stiffer suspension, wider tyres and brembos is another level above that!

Well you've got a gt dci which i suppose is closer to a 197/200 than the 1.2 I had and you own a 172 which is very similar to a cup packed 182 (don't know if yours is a cup/cup packed) so I suppose you would know.

Well you've got a gt dci which i suppose is closer to a 197/200 than the 1.2 I had and you own a 172 which is very similar to a cup packed 182 (don't know if yours is a cup/cup packed) so I suppose you would know.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

as i said ive never driven a 192/200 so im not sure if its the chassis in general or just a mix of the chassis and diesel engine/lack of pace in mine, i find it stable fast rather than fun fast, where a 172/182 is fun fast!. not sure if its as i said my boring engine giving me this feeling or just a grown up chassis.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
still got my sport tourer 3 weeks on, been told i'm getting my 182 back tuesday, and due to the exhaust being bent, i asked if i could specify my own part, so obviously had to be a Yozza, so been without the car for 3 weeks and on a 1.5 diesel but getting a Yozza for free should be worth it.