ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From Vauxhall Corsa to BMW Mini!! A slideshow/pictures of the cars I have owned!!

Mini Cooper
I was just going through my photobucket account today (i was bored at work, lol) and thought it would be interesting to put up a little timeline of the cars I have owned with a slideshow, and what spec I had on them, etc!!

1). 1997 CORSA STING 1.0 12V

My first car was a 1.0l 12v Corsa Sting, haha!! I bought this from Leeds Auction, as my dad knew someone who used to go to the auctions all the time!! I went over there not knowing what I wanted, and after losing out in the bidding on a couple of other cars (corsa, 106, 306) I finally won this one for £1000. Well I owned this for a just over 12 months and made some modifications that at the time, I found cool, as did all my mates (lexus lights, etc before everyone had them) but when I look back on it now, it makes me cringe, o how I had fun tho!! Unfortunately, as I was new to the world of cars, I wasnt clued up on maintenance, etc so the engine went low on water, and blew, and with me being a poor student, I had to sell it as a rolling shell, for which I got £700!!

Bought: September 2004 for £1000
Sold: December 2005 as a rolling shell for £700

SLIDESHOW: http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/CORSAAA/?action=view&current=1176505429.pbw

12-1.jpg

2). 1996 CORSA SPORT 1.4 16V

Next up, I was just looking for a cheap replacement car, so I came across this Black 1996 Corsa Sport!! I couldnt believe how cheap the insurance was with me being only 17, and as the car was only £700, I snapped it up!! The drive home was amazing, I reached 90mph for the first time, haha, and felt like I was driving a supercar, lol!! I had the windows tinted on this and gave it a general tidy up!! I then wanted to move on to bigger and better things so sold it for a profit :!

Bought: December 2005 for £700
Sold: February 2006 for £1200

SLIDESHOW: http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/CORSAAA/?action=view&current=1176502225.pbw

5aadf071.jpg

3). 1995 CORSA SRI 1.4 16V

The reason I sold the Sport was because I had seen a GSI replica 1995 reg Corsa SRI that I fell in love with, it had all the modifications I wanted with lower mileage than my sport, and I realised that by selling mine, and getting together an extra £100, I could have this!! So I luckily found a buyer for my Sport within 48 hours on ebay and agreed a price for the SRI!! This car was awesome and not onyl was I the envy of all my mates, but I finally had a car that I was proud of that I could put up on car forums and get genuinely good feedback!! Although I loved this Corsa to bits, I still looked at it as just a Corsa, and was envious of my mates driving round in these flashy newish cars with power steering, electric windows and some amazing inventions, e.g. Air Conditioning and Manufacturers Warranty :! :lol: Since Ive been into cars, Ive always had a thing for Peugeot 206's :boggle: (dont ask why) just one of those things, whenever I saw them, I knew I wanted one, but dint think I could afford one!! As soon as I left college in May 2005, I took out a bank loan as I now had a part time job!! the bank loan was for £4500, and now I just needed to find a standard Black 206, as I already knew everything I wanted to do to it!! I stumbled across a few 1.1's then came across a 2001 1.4lx with 15k on for £4k!! Once again I organised a quick sale of my Corsa, and went over all on the same day to collect my new car!

Bought: February 2006 for £1400
Sold: May 2006 for £1400

SLIDESHOW: http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/CORSAAA/?action=view&current=1176505470.pbw

1-7.jpg

4). 2001 PEUGEOT 206 1.4 LX

The day finally arrived where I was going to pick my new car up, just one problem, I still had the corsa!! The plan was to pick up my bargain 206 GTI 180 interior and alloys (yes, before id even picked up the car, lol :lol: meet a lad off corsasport.co.uk at Manchester train station who was buying my corsa, he took my car in exchange for the cash, I then got a lift with my Mum to pick up my shiny 2001 plate 206!! I thought there was no way this could go to plan, but amazingly, everything went swimmingly, and I was now at home fitting my new 180 interior and alloys to my new car!! Then 5 months and £££££££££££££s later (Sports Bumpers, Alloys, Spoiler, Exhaust, Morettes, Grilles, etc, etc) I got itchy feet again and fancied a change!! I then found a really nice clio I fancied!!

Bought: May 2006 for £4000 standard
Sold: September 2006 for £5500 subtley modified

SLIDESHOW:http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/CORSAAA/?action=view&current=1176502361.pbw

EXHAUSTANDSPOILERFITTED8.jpg

5). 2003 RENAULT CLIO BILLABONG 1.2 16V

This Clio was the nicest Clio I had ever seen, and had an absolute fortune spent on it, and had been meticulously looked after by a lad off a forum called cliosport.net!! I arranged a price with him, and after selling mine for £5500, I bought this 2003 plate Clio, which IMO was not only newer, but was a lot nicer, for £4300!! This car had no stone unturned, and as was very similar to my 206 ebing modelled on the top of the range 206 GTI 180, it was modelled on the top of the range Clio Sport 172/182!! I loved it and found it really sporty to drive with coilovers, etc, and it was a pleasure to own!! However, I started a new job as a car salesman in October 2006!! As this was my first full time job, I was astounded when I got my first full wage, and dint know what to do with all this money I suddenly had!! I also had the option to have a company car!! After a few months in the job I made a big decision!! I have always wanted a Mini Cooper but they have always been way out of my budget, but since Ive had this job, I could easily afford one, as I have no major outgoings as yet, so my wage is to do woteva I like!!
Bought: September 2006 for £4300
Sold: January 2007 for £4500

SLIDESHOW:http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/CORSAAA/?action=view&current=1176502154.pbw

CLIOFIRSTPICS014.jpg

6). 2004 54 PLATE MINI COOPER 1.6

I thought as my girlfriend was learning to drive, not only would it be a good investment, but I could treat her to the car of her dreams, so I bought a 2004 Mini Cooper specced' to the dogs dangl*ys!! I picked it up on Christmas Eve and suprised her with it on Christmas Day!! The plan was for me to drive it until she passed her test, and when she did, she could have it, as I have a shiny new VW Golf waiting for me at work for when I decide to take a compnay car!! She passed her test last week, so now drives the Mini with her new Private plate which I bought her as a present for passing her test, and I have my New 07 plate Golf, and life couldnt be better!!
Bought: December 2004 for £12000

SLIDESHOW: http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/CORSAAA/?action=view&current=1176502008.pbw

NEWMINIPICS005.jpg

I sometimes wish I still have a Corsa with some of the amazing restoration projects on here, but dont have the time now!! Although I would love to build one up from scratch like sooooo many on here have in the future!!

Hope you enjoyed the read!!

Feel free to comment :cool:

MCS R56
Good work. I will be giving you a call when I come to sell my car!! By my calculations, you are £1900 up.

Mini Cooper
On the 206, although I made £1500, I bought it as a standard car, and spent just over £2000 to make it look as it does in the picture!! I did well to only spend £2000 as the mods I make would usually have cost in the region of £3k-£4k, so I just kept my eye out for bargains!!

But even still, I ran it for 6 months and spent £2000 modifications on it, and still only lost £500, so did extremely well there, as youd expect to lose £500, just running it as a standard car, and we all know modified cars never keep the amount they had spent!!

Mini Cooper
il survive, if he wants to bring that up again and get upset about it then feel free!!
ive posted this as some people are interested in stuff like this!!

christian: im 20 mate

Turbos.
TBH i think Middo over reacted, it became your Clio, you can do whatever you like with it... f**k pussy footing around the situation. If he wanted it looking like that so bad he would of kept it.

I think you'll enjoy the Mini mate, it was an amazing car considering it is still only a hatch. I would of upgraded to a Cooper S if i could of afforded it.

Chocolate Bar™
^ over reacted? i was purely pissed off because i sold it to the lad cheaply because i thought he actually loved the car and then sold it a month later for 200 quid more, making 500 quid off stripping it. None of your buisness anyway mate tbh

Anyway thats over now. got some nice cars there mate, saw the 206 in the flesh and looked lovely

VRS
il survive, if he wants to bring that up again and get upset about it then feel free!!
ive posted this as some people are interested in stuff like this!!

christian: im 20 mate

your just sounding like a bit of a cocky tw*t to me fella!

given the history with you on here i wouldnt really be posting threads about another members car and how you made a profit on selling it when he initially sold it to you at a good price as he thought u were a fellow enthusiast!

Mini Cooper
enthusiast or not mate, i bought the car for a cracking price and to be fair to Middo, he did me a great deal on it, but I aint gonna sell it cheap when I can obviously get more for it!! I didnt buy it to make a profit on it, I bought it because its a stunning car, but when my situation changed, and I needed to sell it, I was obviously goin to try and get as much for it as possible!!

Anyway, like Middo said, its over with now, lets not bring up what happended, this thread is about the cars Ive owned, not how much I sold Middos for!!

Middo - Cheers for comment on 206, I loved that car, and your right, it was lovely, still fancy another, but a proper 180, but then again, I liked yours just as much!! If I didnt have a decent wage coming in, I deffo still have your car, and and probs be spending what money I did have on it!!

Mini Cooper
i agree mate, i loved that 206, shame it was a really sluggish 1.4 engine!! id love to own a genuine 206 gti 180, styled exactly like that tho :)