ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front ABS Sensor

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I’ve just got a second hand NSF hub for my 182 Trophy that came with an abs sensor. I’ve cleaned it all up and wanted to replace the sensor and knackered bolt (rusted and impossible to get off without breaking the sensor).

Does anyone know if the below link is the correct sensor?

Also, what bolt size do I need to replace it?

Cheers

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
This is what you want

Perfect thanks [emoji106]

I’ll drop a screenshot below of the information in the link in case any one else is searching for the same information and the eBay link has since expired.

c25cf7b82c9ceb323d7d3da66718d1dd.jpg

06ae8a150454d786bf5a29d143814c80.jpg

Reactions: Gus

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
The sensor isn't supplied with a bolt.
Does anyone know what size bolt is required? Looks like M6 25mm?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Be lucky to get the bolt out tbh.

Neither of mine are bolted in, the sensor is that tight in there it's not moving anywhere.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Be lucky to get the bolt out tbh.

Neither of mine are bolted in, the sensor is that tight in there it's not moving anywhere.

I got the old bolt out by cutting the head off and then basically destroying the ABS sensor. The thread for the bolt was then loose in the hub to easily remove with pliers.
I can run it without a bolt then?

monaco 172
If their anything like the rears they are that tight a fit, the bolt is basically pointless anyway.

Never done a front one, but the rears are impossible to remove without damaging the sensor as it's that tight a fit.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I got the old bolt out by cutting the head off and then basically destroying the ABS sensor. The thread for the bolt was then loose in the hub to easily remove with pliers.
I can run it without a bolt then?

The new one will be almost as tight going in as the old one coming out.

Both of mine broke the bolt off so are only held in by their interfacing fit.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
The new one will be almost as tight going in as the old one coming out.

Both of mine broke the bolt off so are only held in by their interfacing fit.

I found a bolt that fits perfectly.
Caked it in copper grease so hopefully it isn't as difficult to remove next time round.

20200603_092311971_iOS.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Yeah I filed some of the rust out too.

May have used a bit of grease as well, can't remember now.

It will go in.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If your not in a rush I bought these for the rear, quality seems fine, length and fit is perfect:

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/maxgear/15312751

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/maxgear/15312752

I bought these for the front which look identical to the Bosch above and the origional ATE

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Renault-Clio-MK2-2-0-16V-Sport-Variant2-Lemark-Front-ABS-Wheel-Speed-Sensor/291704533924?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Were the front sensors a tight fit? I've just gone to fit them and they are as loose as a white man in a black hole!