ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front brakes on my 182

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Right i am after some thoughts/advice on my front brakes on my 182.
it is purely for trackdays so no worries about road driving.

The story so far : had max hc discs with ds2500 lasted just over 3 track days good feel but lacked inital bite and faded a bit after 10 laps
hc plain discs with ds3000 lasted just over 1 track day pretty much the same as the 2500 but slightly better inital bite

to say the least i am a bit miffed about having to put new pads in this quickly, especially as i have had a few different track cars and never suffered anywhere near as bad as the clio.

now after oulton and driving chi,s car his pads were fantastic, great bite and no loss over time(not sure what they were though)

i know after a recent thread i did most people seemed to say 3 to 4 track days was your lot for pads but i would like to find out if there is anything that will give great performance but with some kind of longer life.

all input greatly welcomed
cheers rob

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Sounds like you're worse than me on brakes!

Pagid RS-2's might be what you're after.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Personally, i'd go Carbone Lorraine. Insane braking power. Although you will go through discs faster than pads! lol.

Range Rover Sport
Carbotech XP8 pads. Not cheap and not available as an off the shelf part so around 5-6 working days to be made.

They were great on a ~500bhp Evo, as you can imagine they are amazing on a Clio, warmer and more abuse they get the better they perform. Just ask any of the Evo lads they ARE the pads to have but there are cheaper options available.

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
carbon lorraine i was thinking and i dont mind going through discs as they are a fraction of the cost of pads. wheres best to get them?

carbotech might be good on an evo but has anyone tried them on a clio. i used hawk htc on my pulsar which are what the touring car and f3 use. fantastic stopping power and after 6 trackdays were barely 1/3 used, but were on wilwood 4 pots

padgit rs2 what sort of price?

Range Rover Sport
I'm on XP8's now.

Was looking into the XP10's but was advised I'd struggle to keep the heat in them for optimum performance.

XP8's do squeal when used on the road, but soon as there is some heat in them they are fantastic. I'm not at Oulton for a few months else you could have tried them for yourself. I'm guessing they'll eat the discs but that's a price I'll have to pay for having the stopping power of the carbotechs.

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i have braided lines and the blue racing fluid only just changed. never had a problem with no pedal/boiling fluid. you can tell its just the pad not biting

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Speak to George G172 I think he was the cheapest when I was looking.....

Range Rover Sport
Carbotech Europe.

I think they were around £230 and I had to send them some originals so they could use the backing plate.

( I had some spare OEM ones lying about ).

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
not massively bad, i think my plates are useable from the 3000 but will have to check.

might try the cl first though

172/B8 Quattro
CL rc5+ or if your a heavier driver then rc6, the rc6E are same pad as rc6 but last a lot longer. (not sure if rc6e is off the shelf for clios) buy direct from CL brakes.

Carbotech is a good shout, again xp8 for the lighter car and xp10 for the heavier car/driver

Other option is pagid RS series pads, again you need to find the right compound for your driving style