ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front Components for £100

Skoda Fabia vRS

right ive jus been browsin components.......

not the most i wanna spend is £100 really as i gotta buy an amp aswell an im not made of money !

ive been lookin around an the JBL ones look good VFM........GTO505CE......£80 and 75W RMS ! for the woofer an 50W RMS for the tweeter

ive also seen Infinity 5000CS at 75W RMS which are £100

what has confused me though is the Alpine ones.....SPR136a......there also £100 however there only 40W RMS ???.....there the Type S ones....

i dunno what to do now, as the subs and amps for those will definitely be JBL, ive heard em an its perfect for what i want, so im thinkin maybe get the JBL components aswell

im not into my audio in any big way, i just want summat that sounds nice for the money

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

no type rs are 40 rms mate

dont meant they are rubbish

i would go for them (i have actually)

Skoda Fabia vRS

well im thinkin of maybe goin totally alpine

do you think it would be worth spending more on the Alpine stuff and maybe gettin 1 less sub and amp, rather than goin for the JBL, because those 12" £50 subs we have at work are damn good for what i want

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No the jbl are just as good.

the type-rs are massive tho be warned (magnet is huge)

why do you need 2 12s?

sounds a bit too much (i do have 2 10s but anyway........)

forget the RMS rating mate... I dont wanna go into all the details but put it like this... if you were listening to 30 true watts, you wouldnt listen to it for very long coz you would be deaf. quite literally. Your ears cant handle that loud. This is why the really expensive speakers & the like are only like 10watts RMS coz they are true watts & will still be louder than the bollox figures like 600 watts RMS & 1200 PEAK.
Why do you think the expensive amps called Valve amps are like 12watts a channel? Its just their way of making people buy them, ignore the rating when your spending that much.

Not heard the alpine units but im pretty sure they wont be much different from the JBL ones? Its up to you what you do mate, but two 12s might drown out those componants... you would have to get a really decent set of componants & a decent amp to power them to balance out the bass coz you will have alot of it from 2 12s.

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea mate but the RMS figure is the most reliable figure to go on, you cant make a decision based on peak.....

the amp id be gettin is a JBL we have at work for £100, the same one id be gettin to drive the sub

id bridge the sub one........220W RMS that would be fine for me......id probably only have it on 3/4 max !......

an then the other one for the components would easily run em.....

I never said you should make a decision on peak, I said quite the opposite!

& a single 12 & bridged amp to power it will be fine mate!
& if you can get a 4 channel one of those amps for not much more, might be worth trying to bridge the speakers ;) although might blow them lol,
But I reckon that would be fine mate, alot better than standard... a couple of 2 channel amps, single 12" sub (you can always get another one if u aint happy with one) & a set of JBL or Alpine active componants.

Skoda Fabia vRS

think im gonna go all Alpine with just the one sub, the Type R stuff if i can afford it

i might get a 15" sub as i hardly ever listen to dance music, its all hip hop in my car....

hmmmm, you could, but I listen to all music (rap, hiphop, trance, r&b etc etc) & I think a 12 is best... but at least if u get a 12, ur catering for any music taste changes mate! everyone changes a bit!
but a 15 would be good for hip hop!

hmmm, I wouldnt say get a 15"! Coz you can get 12s that will do more than you need mate!

I have a directed studio 12" and so far Ive never found it letting me down so to speak! I havent reached its peak, and I cant run it that high due to it hurting my ears! So if its loud enough to hurt my ears then its gotta be pretty damn loud! and thats a 160 notes sub! Any louder would be for competition use! it beats nearly all my mates subs they have!

Skoda Fabia vRS

hmmm, you might be right......an a 12" would probably look fairly big in the boot anywayz