ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front fuel guard box wobbles.

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
580a2f23b52a54abcde0beef47ec06ae.jpg
this is the culprit on further looking though i found this
dfe8c078d79877d3f054e8cf8d4e7b6f.jpg

And
fe940a93fea99cd492a3081eba909e62.jpg

Good bodge by previous lol. Anyideas ive wedged it down to stop it flapping. Should i get a new one or just take it off and leave it off

[emoji3] cheers

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
It should have two Bolts running from engine mate... You just bolt it on....
On to what thin air lol? Did we not look at the pictures? Two bolts in engine are missing i no that but i see nothing that fixes this block on. Or that i can see. Where wouod the two bolts be?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If you're referring to the two holes on the top of the inlet manifold they're for the plastic engine cover to be bolted down,
they have nothing to do with securing the fuel rail guard, the bolts you need should be inside the holes on the front of the guard,
if you cut the zip ties and take the thing off you will be able to see the two bolts that secure the fuel rail guard,
if it won't come away and just rattles, the nuts are probably just loose.

As above, the bolts are IN the front holes for the guard itself.

Still laughed at first reply though :smiley:

If this is a new car, and you didn't put the cable ties there, chances are the previous owner had the same issue and the bolts fell out, and has just cable-tied it.

2 new bolts. :]

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Sarcasm only works if you know what you are on about. lol
Thank you lol
[emoji57] youd think as the person that took it out id know the two bolts are for that but anyway. Cheers ill take it off and have a look. Xxxx

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Sorry, I suppose my first reply could have been a better one.

Was rushing out ther office and wanted to tell you about the two bolts. take it off and have a look :)

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
2183b067b6de11b949755e544592817c.jpg

That's what the bolt i have looks like lol
Mmm can i order new bolts? Its of now and it may aswell stay of untill i can do something about it. Just avoid headon collisions lol. Maybe corrosion snapped the threads of lol?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they snapped off mate, Adam at Wolverhampton Renault will be able to send you replacements,
drop me a pm and he'll get back to you.

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Okay illl get on that next week lol. Bit busy today. It should be okay with out the guard for a bit? Im aware some people do take them off

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Aww maan! Was gonna go to a demolition derby tomorrow lol. Well my biggest fear is its been getting worse and if the zipties where working loose id rather not have a chunk of aluminium through my fan. But tbh zipties like dave said would do squat lol. Ill just avoid country roads and keep extra allert in rain. Cheers guys. Ill pm at some point @DaveDreads what they cost 15quid?

RB Clio 182
I want rid of mine for some normal bolts as my fuel rail guard as been taken off, they look out of place now.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Does anyone know what nut size will fit the bolts? For the rail guard, that's obviously missing on OP