ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front left drive wheel on mk 172 cup

Clio 172 cup mk2
:)Hi Guys,
Have any of you experienced problems with wheel spinning in the wet with the front left drive wheel?

Lets say your accelerating hard in the wet in 2nd and the wheels start spinning my front left wheel always judders and feels unpleasant (never the right wheel):eek:
Is this due to a worn bush(s) in the bottom arm or is this just the wheel bouncing for grip? Is it due to the diff letting the left wheel spin due to no LSD?
If anyone has found a fix or experiences this and can shed some light i'd be pleased to hear your thoughts and opinions.:)

Most likly due to the camber of the road and you have more grip on the right hand side so the left will spin up first.

Cup'd Monaco 172
Does it do it with a passenger also?

Weight distribution is not that great one french cars as they are designed to be left hand drive primarily.

Shame they didn't fit a LSD to the cup as standard. I would have bought one then.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
also id imagine that because the driveshaft is alot shorter on the nearside wheel it would probably not help matters

Lots of Alfas
Yeah its normal for the left to loose grip first, the left front tyres is always the most worn.

Can't say I've noticed the left wheel spinning up that much easier. But it is more prone to locking than the right, so it blatantly has less grip in most situations.