ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front polycarbonate window fitting?

Hello all, I’m back for my weekly question...

I’ve got poly windows to fit, I’ve put them in but I’m wondering how you’ve all secured them into the car?

There is a very large gap at the bottom, that’ll either need a wedge to hold it against the outer skin, or is it worth me just cutting a few holes in the bottom of the door s9 that water can run straight down and out ??

Not really sure what to do

At the bottom of the window void there is a hole which was used to screw a bracket in place. Stick a bolt/screw through the hole and put some nylon spacers over the shank, then let the plastic either sit on it or make an appropriate hole. Works a treat and very secure.

This was a similar idea I’d had... but this will be perfect! Thanks ?

At the bottom of the window void there is a hole which was used to screw a bracket in place. Stick a bolt/screw through the hole and put some nylon spacers over the shank, then let the plastic either sit on it or make an appropriate hole. Works a treat and very secure.

I will probably use this method too as a back up ??

Mazda mps
When I fitted mine I kept the standard surrounding and went to B&Q to get some good mastic/glue. You will have to wedge the window into place whilst the glue sets but it is the only way. Good luck it’s actually quite easy.