ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front shock bolts are a pain

Heya. I am trying to change my springs and the 2 bolts which connect the shock with the hub seem to be blocked/tight. Tried applying WD40 but no use :(.. Any suggestions?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
wd40.. leave for a few days and then try. If not, find someone with a air gun and they can get them off no problem :)

Impact wrench if you have one to hand. If not use a pole on the end of the spanner, less force is required. You could try wire brushing it to clean it a bit, dunno if thatll help but.

I will give it some time for the wd40 to work :).. Kitson I have tried using a pole but no use. I will wire brush them again tomorrow maybe that will do the trick :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
These bolts are normally not much trouble to take off, are you sure your turning the right way? If so and your still not having any luck, I would be cutting then off with a grinder and replacing as they are clearly rusted beyond re-use. and as above, make sure your turning the nut no the bolt!

Clio 172 phase 1
i used a massive breaker bar on my mates held the bolt with a spanner and maned up and hey ho away she went was an ordeal to get it off though so hope your feeling strong today