ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front speaker wiring (182)

Clio 182
Hi, i've been struggling with the wiring of some components today. Originally tried just using the factory wiring and plugging in the new speakers but whilst it seems to work for the door speakers, the tweeters are making a loud popping sound (in time with the music). I'm wondering if because the factory tweeters have a sort of resistor on the back of them that the signal going through the wires is the same to the woofer as it is to the tweeter (i.e. the right front speaker wires go straight out the back of the HU and literally split in two, one going to the tweeter and one to the woofer, thus the signal for both speakers is the same and its just that little resistor thing on the back of the OEM tweeter that cuts it down.) Basically I'm trying to avoid having to completely rewire them because the connector between the body and the door doesnt look like fun to modify and i dont fancy drilling new holes into the door. What thoughts?

Polo + Micra
yeah there is a bi-ploar capacitor on the back of the factory tweeter that acts as a HPF

Clio 182
hah what does that mean in english?? ;) does that mean that the signal to the tweeter is exactly the same as the signal to the woofer?

Polo + Micra
yeah the cable that comes from the head unit is just split that feeds the same signal to the woofer and tweeter