ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

front windscreen + wipers

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
when its wet, and funnily enough im upsing my wipers, there seems to be like a residue left on my windscreen, it is like a lot of water is left behind in funny shapes, and meaning it is a bit wierd to look out of, although i wack the heater on the window and when it begins to warm up it gets rid if it, do i need new wiper blades?
theres no squeaking or anything??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
no never have that on, its on the outside and really weird, seems to take ages to clear, and really pi55e5 me off when im driving!

New wipers will solve it then.

I would give the screen a really, really good clean first. Those screen polishers/sovents/coatings can last months and might look good but they can really screw up the wiper cleaning process.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I get this.

I had a new windscreen fitted a month ago and haven't yet used anything other than car washing liquid to clean the whole car.

Gonna invest in some new wipers and get back to using RainX.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I had something similar on mine, turned out my screen was covered in lots of very fine scratches. I gave it a rub with t-cut for glass and fitted some new wipers, much improved. If it comes back I think it'll be warranty time.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
ok, thanks for all the comments, ill get onto the case!

should i go for standard wiper blades, or spend a bit more on some better ones?are there better ones to buy etc, never had to buy any so not got a clue about them!!