ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front wipers just Died

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Well p!ssed off :rage:
Anyone help us out here :cry:

I was just driving the car in the rain then they stopped just like that, then a burning smell followed.

I have pulled over and turning everything off, tried the wipers after 10mins and nothing.

I lifted the bonnet and scuttle panel to see this, not sure but it looks knackered

I am supposed to go away on Friday in it:confused:

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
20170329_142944.jpg

Last edited:

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Cheers JamesBryan.

I've just took the wipers off, ballache that was:rage: and yep new linkage needed like you say.

Any ideas where from bud?

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Quicky.

Will any mk2 Clio linkage fit? Struggling to find one 😞

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Cheers matey, motor seems ok on mine so only need the linkage guy 10mins away is selling a mk2 one which would be ideal If it fits ok.

He's selling the complete unit.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
The guy just messeged me this.
PN I can make out is 8200076001A , 4 pin black plug.
Will that fit? hopefully picking it tomorrow I f it does.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Anybody answer the above please, meeting him tomorrow @2 but want to be 100% sure I aint wasted my cash.

Ta.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Just a thought too, the linkages are the same it's only the motor connections that are different from early models to later.

My mate had a ph1 clio and when his linkage went he bought a ph2 one and we just swapped the motor over.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Cheers all.

Paranoia alert.😌

Ive just took mine out but the numbers on the little white sticker are not the same as what he's gave me.

Mine says this

1490871707515.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Probably the one area of the Clio that I'm most familiar with - I've had that wiper linkage in and out and swapped over about 6 times in total!

Worth getting some grease on the replacement swivel points while you're at it. Another word of advice - make sure that the linkage lines up with the metal peg at the rear of the bulkhead before you bolt it in place. The mechanism will work if you've missed the peg - but will be noisy when the wiper blades traverse.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Should still work even if the part number is different mate.

It's only the motor connections that vary and that can be easily sorted like i said by swapping the motor over.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
All sorted, cheers guys for the help appreciate it.

I did lose one of them rubber washer thingies though (should be three)

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Yep I dd thanks to Darren S mentioning it, cheers pal!

This is what went awol, guessing it's not vital

clio182rubber.jpg

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Just stops water over time i guess. Probably want to replace it at some point, or just another linkage if it fails again 😂

Don't be saying that :smile: out of interest where can I get them rubber things? do they even have an official name!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Did have but it's probably set in the engine bay somewhere :cry: 2nd hand one didn't come with any.

I know its going to annoy me though.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Cheers but rather take the engine out and find it than spend a £10 on one 😂