ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frozen Liquid... Detailed, Caged and 2118'd...

Golf R
So decided to make a few changes to the Liquid... have been hunting high and low for 2118's for months, rare as hen's teeth on the used market so used a contact of ours and got a good deal on them in the end :approve:

Also opted for a bit of strippage - Recaro's made the the rear seats unusable anyway so figured i might as well remove them and add in a MSV cage whilst i was at it. Big thanks to my partner in car modding crime kevinhall who i assisted in fitting it! Sure i'll repay the favour soon ;)

Today saw myself and Bubbles give the car a good detailing as well - Steve@R-Sport Cars had given the car a good detail prior to me collecting it 7 months ago - the Collinite 476 he had used lasted really well - I opted for a simple enough detail today comprising of a wash/clay/Meguiars 3 stage Cleanse/Polish/Wax along with some time spent given the engine bay a clean along with all the door shuts etc.

Anyways, here's some pictures after everything has been done :

DSCF5453X.jpg

DSCF5442X.jpg

DSCF5474X.jpg

DSCF5479X.jpg

DSCF5463X.jpg

DSCF5495X.jpg

DSCF5486X.jpg

DSCF5490X.jpg

DSCF5491X.jpg

DSCF5436X.jpg

DSCF5456X.jpg

DSCF5489X.jpg

DSCF5506X.jpg

DSCF5438X.jpg

DSCF5515X.jpg

DSCF5516X.jpg

DSCF5523X.jpg

DSCF5527X.jpg

Cro

Meg'd r27
Very nice mate, not a bad turnout with that megs 3 step system. Need to hit up some tyre shine though :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks sweet :)

Also, MSV cage :approve:
Loads of people seem to have put pics of them up recently! Dont know where they have all been hiding.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
HERO!!! What an awesome spec om nom nom!!!

Get those inlets, fuel rail cover and engine mount painted up and that will look perfect mate

Megane 225 F1
OH MY. That is lovely!

Smallest thing ever but that blue sticker on the drivers side strut in the engine bay makes it looks messy :eek:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Also, what's your thoughts on the H+R's? Does it handle well that low? I know my old Vmaxx on the ph1 werent the best, I'm thinking h+r's are the key for the trophy to get some stance with handling

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Love it! I'd change mine for ly in a heartbeat.... If I could keep my engine & recaros!

Golf R
cheers :D it's pretty much perfect in my eyes now...

Chris205 - yes need to give under the bonnet a spruce up, engine cover needs to go back on as well. As for the H&R's... handle great IMO, i think i will raise the rear slightly, more because it's slightly too low i've caught the exhaust a couple of times now going into multi-storey car parks :eek:

handling wise though, it doesn't feel bumpy or crashy at this height and the rears don't feel like they're bouncy. slightly firmer than standard but again nothing unbearable

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I don't advise washing the car when the temp gage says -3 ;)

That huge green thing in the pics is a massive wood burner, which made 7 hours of faffing very comfortable.

The paint is soooo silky soft :) love this car!!

Stripped yozza'd cup
The picture third from bottom is epic. Beautiful car. With the engine bay spruced up it'll look crackin'.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Spectacular, as you say near perfection.

I'm never a fan of changing the colour of the diamonds but here's a rare case where maybe the front one would look epic in amphasite.

Possibly update to a 197 RS badge?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is that Matt's old car? (You bought it off Steve?)

Looks a million times better now with proper wheels on it! Very nice.