ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frrrrrrrrrcrcrcrrrttttcfffffffrrrrrr

thats the noise Im getting from behind my dash board every time I rev past 3000, very noticeable at 5000. It sounds like its coming from behind the dash somewhere between the tweeter and the air vent. I removed the light level adjustment panel to have a look behind the dash to see if anything was loose. I even took off the large plastic tube that feeds cold air to the air vent by the window, and in the process stabbed my hand pretty badly eeeeeaaakkk-the-diy-meister , but to no avail. The Frrrrcrrrttsssrrrfffrrrrrrr is still there. Has somebody come across this?

Also, my steering wheel is very slightly not straight (maybe two degrees to the right) when my wheels are pointing dead straight. cars going back to Reno for that one, but any help with the noise???? Do we have a register of miscellaneous rattles n such?

Cheers,

Phil

Lee

BMW M2C

Guess what. Ive got it too. It comes and goes though.

My wheel points a little off centre, but Ill leave it until its first main service.

Just to add to the numbers, my steering wheel is not quite straight either.

As for noises behind the dash, mine come and go depending how warm it is outside, I guess things expand and contract.

Hey people as u r talkin about problems with your dash area- i too have a weird noise that comes from the centre of myy dash around the wee mat area- my car is going in tmrw to get the infamous rattly exhaust problem fixed. My drivers seat also creaks quite a bit too.

Anyway while i was talkin to the girl at service dep. on phone i asked if i can get my cars first service as its almost done 12k, but she insisted after checkiin that it is not to be done till 18k. I thought the 172 was 12k- can anyone help me out here???

cheers

The plastic transparent thing might be the rattling problem, Ive heard about that alot...not well glued or whatever but maybe add some thin rubber. I have a noise on my MK1 too but ive too fix my alarm siren which is against the engine cover first. Ill check that soon! Im sure Nick noticed it my car.

172man if you get the whistling with the windows down around 6000 revs - thats normal! all 172s do it. I checked a number of forums to understand what it was and some people suggest its a noise coming from the injectors working overtime??? (Im not mechanically enough minded to know if its B/S or true). Anyway, mine does a nice turbine impression above 6000 revs - and I hope it stays that way..

Ed, maybe we could have a section on "known problems and fixes" per model?