ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FSE boost valve

Ive just fitted an FSE boost valve to my car.......£98......cant really justify it!!!!!!

This has had no effect on my car what so ever! in fact it makes my car almost die whilst idle!!!

I must admit i did take it to some cheepo garage to get fitted, they hadnt ever done one before so probably needs to be tunned in properly or somethin

If it does need tunning, how do u do it? do i really have to to take it to a rolling road or can i do it myself?

Cheers

Andy

Rolling road would be better - they are a nightmare to setup on your own...

You wont really notice any power gains but smoothness in acceleration and less in the way of flat spots.

You need to have it set up correctly for the car. By adjusting the screw you can up/down the pressure. I had one fitted by ABP to a fiesta a few years ago. It seemed to make the acceleration a lot smoother. You need to watch out for backstreet garages, i put the fiesta into one to get new sills put on, but when it came back, they had been f*cking about with the pressures.

I fitted one to my 205 1.9 gti and noticed no differences whatsoever. It was already as smooth as silk when accelerating so improvement noticed there, my tuners told me that unless you get bigger injectors fitted they will make no or very little difference. If your fuel pressure is fine to start with they advised me not to bother (It was a bit late for that at the time!)

I think the advertising builds them up to something they are not, I was sucked in!

Nippy white cup

More obvious improvements on smaller engined cars i.e. my old 1.2 8v. Noticed more low down torque, less need for changing down gears in town.

I have had 2 now - the first was on my megane 1.6 8V. that car only had a K&N and backbox and all it did was iron out a few flatspots but it was still noticable. When i got my valver, i put one on immediately but aside from being slightly smoother it made no difference whatsoever. Once i had the car rechipped and got fast road cams the car was sluggish and running badly so i had it adjusted properly - the difference was tremedous!!

I think that unless youve got serious internal engine mods/proper ECU remap they dont make that much difference - valvers and gtis respond pretty well to start with anyway - its only if your mods require modification to fuel delivery that youll notice it. IMO - well worth it if youre going to be doing mild to serious modifications....

only really for highly modifed N/A cars which rewuire more fuel pressure or another way of getting more petrol in for a turbo car with increased boost