ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FSE Power Boost Valve

Nippy white cup

I had one on my 1.2 8V and it is definately worth getting for that engine. As for the bigger engines, I dont think it will be as noticeable

Chris

Dont even go there with the ecotek thing mate!! Do a search on it!!

If your gonna buy it to save loads of hassle just give me your money!!

Just stick a leaking oxygen cylinder in the passenger footwell. It makes exactly the same sound and the same performance gains !

The ecotek sounds like a wild moose! ha ha funny noise only reason i got one.

Selling my power boost valve if your interested mate. Could even buy my ecotek if your after one.

Waste of time unless you need to adjust the baseline fuel pressure (erm, not certain of the terminology - wheres BenR when you need him?!). Had one on my old Valver, but that was due to uprated cams.

the PBV is basically an adjustable rising-rate fuel pressure regulator

it self adjusts off the manifold vacuum, so the pressure increases slightly at WOT as compared to idle

its useful on turbos as its boost aware, and so can increase fuelling sufficiently without adjusting the ECU

the 172 has the regulator on the pump inside the tank so you cant fit one....well, not easily.

Jim, would you like to quote anybody else along with me hahaha :p

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

on most of the new renaults you cant fit a boost valve due to the standard valve is part of your tank sender unit.the injection rail only has a feed and not a return so no where to tap in the boost valve.on some of the models you could fit an earlier vehicles fuel rail,pipes and sender unit to give you a feed and a return so you could fit a valve(only possible on f/k and 1.2 8v d engines due to the earlier versions of these engines had a feed and a return.not possible on 1.2 16v d engines due theyve always had a feed only)