ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel consumption...is this right???

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 1.2 16v as i have a 80 mile round trip for work,when i brimmed the tank i was averaging 43mpg and getting about 400ish miles at average speeds of 40 to 80 as the whole journey is dual carraigways and motorway.:)

I sold the car and purchased a PH1 172,same 80 mile journey and brimmed the tank with Vpower and so far i have done 255 miles and used just over 3/4 of tank averaging 33mpg.:S

Now i know it's gonna be more juicy and i have booted it now and again,but i'm estimating that i will only get about 300/340 miles to a tank.

does this sound correct?? should my mpg be more than 33??

Loving the car and maybe i'm being a bit thick:eek: but just wanted some feedback from you guys,cheers.

Also the trip computer isn't always 100% correct so you may be getting more or less then what it is showing

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I've been using Fuellog to track mine. Per fill up so far:

29.70mpg
29.65mpg
30.99 mpg
31.11 mpg
34.52 mpg (trip up the A1 and country road driving)
35.69mog (trip back down the A1 and country road driving)

Clio 182
I've had 40mpg on a long stretch of average speed cameras doing 50mph just after I filled up and reset. Usually though its 32mpg which is normal commute so mix of town driving and a roads.