ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Cost USA

German V6
heard this on the radio something about the uk having the cheapest fuel in the EU and the only reason it's to expensive because the tax man is greedy.

RB 182 FF
Britain is a rip off no doubting that, minimum wage is no where near where it needs to be with the cost of living! That's the biggest problem with this country, the government gets on my tits, the country is run by crooks and we accept it........... The tax on fuel and everything else is a joke!:banghead:

I can see this turning into the rant about Britain thread. I try not to let the costs of everything bother me but it is depressing! :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
People speak about the ron rating of fuel in the USA, there has to be something suitable over there. I seen more Evo's and Skyline's in Florida than Hummer's.

People speak about the ron rating of fuel in the USA, there has to be something suitable over there. I seen more Evo's and Skyline's in Florida than Hummer's.

United States: in the US octane rating is displayed in AKI. In the Rocky Mountain (high elevation) states, 85 AKI (90 RON) is the minimum octane, and 91 AKI (95 RON) is the maximum octane available in fuel[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]. The reason for this is that in higher-elevation areas, a typical naturally aspirated engine draws in less air mass per cycle because of the reduced density of the atmosphere. This directly translates to less fuel and reduced absolute compression in the cylinder, therefore deterring knock. It is safe to fill a carbureted car that normally takes 87 AKI fuel at sea level with 85 AKI fuel in the mountains, but at sea level the fuel may cause damage to the engine. A disadvantage to this strategy is that most turbocharged vehicles are unable to produce full power, even when using the "premium" 91 AKI fuel. In some east coast states, up to 94 AKI (98 RON) is available.[SUP][26][/SUP] As of January, 2011, over 40 states and a total of over 2500 stations offer ethanol-based E-85fuel with 105 AKI.[SUP][27][/SUP] Often, filling stations near US racing tracks will offer higher octane levels such as 100 AKI

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Brothers just come back from Arab Emirates, said it was costing him £17 to fill the MP12-4c from near empty! Now that's low fuel prices!

Pretty sure a litre of water costs more than a litre of fuel in Saudi Arabia.

Been to the Middle East loads, watched a Hummer get filled up for peanuts.

RB Clio 182
I hate tax! Some cheeky c**t just taking it out my wage every month without my permission! Sat laughing rubbing their hands together while im crying staring at my shitty wage slip in disbelief!

No wonder theirs so many people on job seekers allowance getting ballaxd in local pub every night!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
All there seems to be is moaning threads about Britain lately.

If you think it's so shat then piss off to another country.

If people just got on with life instead of freaking moaning about fuel prices, tax, benefits, immigrants, and all the usual bollox this country would be a lot better.

IMO of course.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
All there seems to be is moaning threads about Britain lately.

If you think it's so shat then piss off to another country.

If people just got on with life instead of freaking moaning about fuel prices, tax, benefits, immigrants, and all the usual bollox this country would be a lot better.

IMO of course.

LOL.

People are allowed an opinion you know.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I do deal with it, i drive a car don't i?

It's okay saying suck it up/deal with it but the reality is, it is a f**king joke.

Went out there last year....thought jesus it was cheap, then realized that the highest octane they do in most garages is 92 ron. Do not want,

F56 MINI Cooper S
Went out there last year....thought jesus it was cheap, then realized that the highest octane they do in most garages is 92 ron. Do not want,

If its much cheaper - do want. couldnt care less what ron it is, if its cheaper then fcuk it, it'll do.

Nissan 350z
Never makes any sense to me. Surely the logical option is to tax people less, so they have more free cash, and spend more money and help the economy? But hey what do i know, im not the chancellor.

Ph2 172
30% cheaper in Australia too

This is true, but it's rising quickly. Also, as Australia is such a large country, you end up doing more miles per day/week.

So although the fuel is cheaper you use more, meaning the amount of dosh you spend on fuel isn't as different as the figures suggest.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Brothers just come back from Arab Emirates, said it was costing him £17 to fill the MP12-4c from near empty! Now that's low fuel prices!

My uncle lives out in qatar, doha and he said to fill his range rover it cost just short of £20. And his super bike cost something like £3.50! its mad how cheap it is!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
This reminds me. Would it be ok to use fuel over in the US for our cars which are rated for higher octane? Or would it wreck the engine? Thank you.

My landlady lives in Qatar, she was saying it's cheaper to run the V8 Dodge Ram she has over there, than the 1.4 Punto she hired when she was home last week.

I personally suck it up and take it, yeah it costs £70 to fill the Clio, but you need fuel at the end of the day.

Lionel Richie
This is true, but it's rising quickly. Also, as Australia is such a large country, you end up doing more miles per day/week.

So although the fuel is cheaper you use more, meaning the amount of dosh you spend on fuel isn't as different as the figures suggest.

and you have E85 which is brilliant stuff :D 108RON anyone :D