ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Economy - RenaultSport Clio RS200

Citroen C2 Code
Hi Gents/Ladies,

I'm new to the forum and as yet don't own a Clio. I'm looking at getting one in the next few months. I currently do a 25 mile round trip to work that consits of roads going from 30mph to motorways. I currently have a Citroen C2 Code, which is a 1.6 125bhp and is pretty good on fuel I normally have just under half a tank left over at the end of the week. I know this question has probably been asked a lot and I will get the responses to say why have one if you're wanting to know about fuel economy. I'm not worried about it, just wondered what the fuel economy is like for others on their daily commute.

Many thanks,
Taz

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
From what I've read, buy a V8. It'll be cheaper. ;)

In all seriousness I think they average 25-30mpg.

Rs200t lux
Covered one million times on here.

Mine does 28-32mpg commuting.

Yea but renault say it should do 40 plus
renault talk p1111sssh
my average on normal usage is 17 and on a motorway run at 60 it's about 34
my x5 does better and is same as what bmw said
ok the clio edc is fun but it expensive on juice and a lot of renaults claims are just not working out

twingo
Wait till you see the mpg the twingo rs should do according to renault!

50mpg extra urban!!

It does 31mpg permanently no matter how you drive it

uhhh that's just yours i think lol, martins done 43mpg average on a long motorway trip a few months ago. i can't even beat that on an eco drive in the GT ! :(

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Put it this way, i'm getting more to the gallon now with a turbochared 2.5 5 pot turbo lump with 100bhp and 150lb-ft more torque oh, and 50kg more weight than I ever did in my 197.

Clio 172 Flamer
Yea but renault say it should do 40 plus
renault talk p1111sssh
my average on normal usage is 17 and on a motorway run at 60 it's about 34
my x5 does better and is same as what bmw said
ok the clio edc is fun but it expensive on juice and a lot of renaults claims are just not working out

To be fair, 40 plus isn't complete rubbish.

I commute in mine and it is a 50 mile round trip (although I have stopped commuting now and catching the train as I don't want to rack up the miles on it) and I get 41mpg that's on A roads also.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Does it make a massive difference if they are modded, i.e. my 182 has Piper Cross Cat back and induction kit, I am struggling to get 30, and I ain't been going mad all the time, it is urban tho not on a decent run....

Willo