ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Guage Vs Computer

BMW F21 125d
How accurate do you guys reckon the computer is in regards to mileage remaining in the tank ?
For example, my 172 reads 1/4 of a tank on the guage, but the computer claims to have 150 miles left ? Is that possible ?

Dave

clio 172 cup
dunno but myn reads 1/4 of a tank and the fuel light comes on!! lol only happend a few times tho...

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
i think there is a reserve even when its on the red, my renault megane diesel used to be on the red and still have 65 miles left before it ran out (according to the computer) and that was on the bottom of the guage.

taking that into account that probably is about right.

Scirocco GT 210
I always use the computer. That fuel gauge is well dodgy. lol

In fact, scrap that, I only really use the low fuel warning light. :cool: :S

I rely on the gauge, and the fuel light. The computer isn't all that accurate I've found. I have been driving along before, with low petrol and it has told me that I had around 80 miles left, then 2 mins down the road it was telling me I had around 40 miles left lol.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
My fuel light came on, the computer said i had 40 miles left and only used 9.0 gallons of fuel, then if you continue the computer goes blank, so i travelled a further 25 miles, and i was still fine, albeit slightly nervous about running out of fuel, the gallon went to about 9.8, then i filled up. I'm not sure what is accurate, because i'm sure 182 have an 11 gallon capacity, yet fuel light, and computer either comes on or goes blank when in theory you still have 2 gallons of fuel left? Weird.

Tys.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thay are so far out that people actually believe they can get 48mpg from a 2.0 petrol engine

BMW F21 125d
Mine reckons i am getting about 33mpg with combined driving so that sounds about right, just the mileage left in tank seems a bit high.....

Is the computer meant to work out the mpg per tank or for the whole of the cars life, so rolling. Mine was on about 29.4mpg before i did a 2000 mile trip mainly motorway and i only got up to 31.3mpg by the end of the trip.
Can that be right?

Oh and i never use the fuel guage, its up and down like hoars draws.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^ If you reset your trip computer before that trip, i'd imagine that your mpg would have been closer to 40mpg...