ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel light out of sync

Clio 200
Car cut out on me yesterday morning (An ongoing issue I'm trying to get to the bottom of) However upon restarting this time, the fuel light came on. Fuel gauge showing 1/4 tank. Stayed on despite several normal restarts that day.

This morning I had another cut out, restarted (takes a few turns of the starter motor when it does this) And the fuel light has gone out. Was on 1/8th of a tank showing 34 miles left. Upon reaching 30 miles left, the light is back on like it normally would at that range. However it never comes on at 1/8th of a tank. I believe the gauge to be correct and not the light/digital display.

I've yet to top up the fuel to see if it changes anything. I do similar miles each week, never having to top up till the weekend. That's why I believe the gauge is correct.

Any ideas? Why did it take another cut out to switch the light off and not a normal restart?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Do the dash check function or whatever it's called.

Engine off, keys in the ignition, press and hold the button on the end of the wiper stalk, turn keys to ignition whilst holding, then when everything starts going batshit just sit back and let it get on with it.

Clio 200
^^^ Will give it a try, cheers. I did wonder if Renault's had this function like Ford's do.