ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel line (ask a stupid question)

172, Tiguan
When the itb's got fitted the clip that plugs into the renault fuel rail got cut off flush with the metal insert in the pipe (just behind the clip). I want to go back to the renault fuel rail so I've bought 2 new clips from Ktec.

My issue here is that the metal insert is now flush with the end of the pipe, so i can't push the new clip from Ktec into the pipe. If I cut the metal insert out the clips would fit, however, Is the metal insert there to stop the pipe from crushing though? Will it be ok without it, or is it just worth me replacing the entire length of pipe?

Ta.

Trophy Turbo :)
chop the end of at the back of the tail, heat the pipe up with a heat gun and push fitting in. then clamp.

its plastic on the stock one

172, Tiguan
Thanks Andy. By the way, it already had 172 injectors in it. The part numbers are the same. I'll try a set of Megane injectors if I can find some at a decent price.

Lionel Richie
its about £30 from memory, or just get some rubber fuel line and make up your own line, those connectors slot straight in, baby jubilee - done

172, Tiguan
I'll try Andy's method as the new clips have arrived already, but failing that i'll just get a new one. I just need to find 4 megane injectors and then work out a way of mounting the fuel rail so it doesn't move. Fun and games.

Clio 172 182 197 200
As Fred says some times spending money is the better option.

Give it ago tho!

Have you fitted the new injectors yet jon? Has it sorted the issue out?

172, Tiguan
I pulled all the old stuff off last night mate, that's when i discovered they were 172 injectors.

I'm going to replace them with Megane injectors as I bet we were near max flow with them. I might have bought some 197 cams as well...