ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel pump seized?

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
So today on my 172 changed the oil and then gave it gentle drive down the road (still on unmapped group n timing) came back and it died, and wouldn’t restart.

I found the fuel pump fuse blown, and it blows as soon as the ignition is on (would be priming) I’ve ruled out the wiring and the relay. With the fuel pump unplugged I can put the ignition on and the fuse doesn’t blow, hence me thinking the pump is pulling a lot of amps as it’s seized.

Do people think I’m going down the right route with thinking the pump seized? The car has been sat for a few with no use so wouldn’t be a surprise if it has.
I haven’t got a multimeter at home hence I’ve been on a bit of guessing chase!!

Clio 172
I’m having a similar issue, my 30A fuse for the injection/fuel pump keeps intermittently blowing, and now I’m too scared to drive the car in case I get stuck somewhere!
If you’ve got a couple of spare 30A fuses I’d try plug the fuel pump back in to see if it blows again to make sure that’s the problem.

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
In the end it was my own error, I hadn’t clipped the 02 sensor wiring to the subframe. Subsequently it melted and shorted the plug on the down pipe blowing the fuse.

Clio 172
That seems to be a common fault, I’m going to try replace that sensor a hope it fixes my problem!