ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel pump sender help

Clio172cup rally car
I've had a slight issues with the rally car lately with it running lean and also all the injectors being damaged at the last rally I did.

I removed the fuel pump and there was quite a bit of metal filings in the petrol so put it down to the pump breaking and ruining the injectors.

After a closer inspection I noticed the pump is quite different from standard a pump

pabehugu.jpg

You can see the fuel is pumped straight out through the fitting on the top straight to the rail also the spring on there is different too basically doing nothing as it's so slack, also the fuel regulator is removed and completely blocked off.

Why would they do this??

Is the fuel regulated through the top as well as the pressure regulator at the bottom?

After looking at cup racer pump which is a completely standard pump too, and me using a cup racer ecu with the group n pump, would this be causing the issue of running lean? As the ecu doesn't no the amount of fuel being pumped to the rail?

Thanks