ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel tank - rear beam access

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys,
Hoping to lean on some of your experiences removing the rear beam. I am 95% through dropping the rear beam for refurb or replacement. I have opted for the route of leaving the brackets and dropping the two beam attachment bolts, everything is now disconnected and the NS bolt is removed. However I can’t get the OS bolt out as it fouls the fuel tank. Read on here that you can lower the tank to remove the bolt. However typically I have 3/4 tank of fuel in the car (day dreaming at the pump when I last put fuel in) Is there a way to lower the tank enough to remove the bolt? Or am I going to have to revert back to removing the brackets through the floor....I don’t fancy draining the tank!!! Appreciate ant tips, videos or photos that could help.

TIA

Russ

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys,
Hoping to lean on some of your experiences removing the rear beam. I am 95% through dropping the rear beam for refurb or replacement. I have opted for the route of leaving the brackets and dropping the two beam attachment bolts, everything is now disconnected and the NS bolt is removed. However I can’t get the OS bolt out as it fouls the fuel tank. Read on here that you can lower the tank to remove the bolt. However typically I have 3/4 tank of fuel in the car (day dreaming at the pump when I last put fuel in) Is there a way to lower the tank enough to remove the bolt? Or am I going to have to revert back to removing the brackets through the floor....I don’t fancy draining the tank!!! Appreciate ant tips, videos or photos that could help.

TIA

Russ

Just use something to support the weight of the tank to lower it down a touch. Tricky bit is you kind of need to tilt the tank one way to get enough room on the bolt. May as well give it a try before you go through the pain of the coach bolts through the floor.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Just use something to support the weight of the tank to lower it down a touch. Tricky bit is you kind of need to tilt the tank one way to get enough room on the bolt. May as well give it a try before you go through the pain of the coach bolts through the floor.

cheers, that’s kind of my thoughts. How many bolts are there holding the tank? I have found 2, albeit I have not looked overly hard yet....

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
As above there is a flexible bit and s clamp but I didn't touch it and removed the filler as it's only a 30 sec job and s good time to clean behind it etc

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
As above there is a flexible bit and s clamp but I didn't touch it and removed the filler as it's only a 30 sec job and s good time to clean behind it etc

I have just repaired the rust behind it! Could eat your dinner off of it 😂 but you are right it’s only the two screws so I’ll drop them out as well. Just hope I don’t wash the floor of the garage in a tank of Tesco’s finest 😂