ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fueling problems

Past couple of weeks my 16v has become hard to start, having to rev it upp a bit when I start it, sounds like it dident fire on all sylinders. But after 1 min it ran fine. I thougt it might be the cold weather at the wrong type of plugs. When I changed them the looked the old ones where wery grey. Lookes like my fueling is bad.

What can be wrong? I am pretty sure it is not my filter en fuelpump since I changed the filter and cleaned the pump 9 months ago. Could it be the lambda? Fuel preasure regulator?

Enyone had the same symptoms?

ITB Hybrid+Cup+Scenic II

Go to your local Renault dealer, and have them put on the XR25, to read out any errors...

My guess is a faulty temp sensor, probably water temp, as the air temp sensor ind the manifold rarely messes up... But could be the lambda sensor...

After installing the 2L with the Prima chip/box, have you had on a rolling road to check for C0 levels... I mean is it fueling Ok throughout the rev range? This could be the answer on the plugs... Running lean?

Michael

If its below 20C where you are and the temp sensor has failed, it will not induce the cold start injector or starting enrichment.