ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full BMW Detail - Inside and Out - 56k NO Way!

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Heya guys & girls...

My mum is planning on selling her BMW and so me and my bro (FurioAL) thought we would give it a thorough going over...

The car's paint condition was, to be honest, in a bit of a state.. the car having done just under 100k miles! most of them are motorway miles so the car was covered in bug splatter and the usual gunk..

This is what it looked like to start with:

Before:

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4482.jpg

IMG_4497.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

Engine Bay:

Firstly the engine bay was given a going over with megs shampoo, megs detailer and autoglym rubber and bumper care...

IMG_4505.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4511.jpg

Wheels & Tyres:

The wheels where cleaned with autoglym wheel cleaner, a stiff wheel brush to get between the spokes, and a wash mit with megs shampoo... and the tyres were dressed with megs endurance gel...

IMG_4538.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg

Interior:

The interior was then given a thorough hoover, all the doorcards and trim panels were given a going over with autoglym tar remover and then with megs detailer.. all of the black plastic was dressed with autoglym bumper and trim care... all the door closes were wiped over, all the leather was treated with megs leather care...

IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

Exterior:

Then finally.. the paint.. the car was washed with megs shampoo... then the whole of the car was sprayed with autoglym bug remover (which it needed desperately!), and then followed by a coating of autoglym tar remover... the car was then washed again with the two bucket method, wash mit and megs shampoo... it was then dried with a microfibre towel...

Once dry there weren't mainly surface imperfections at all all, the paint felt clean and smooth to the touch, so i didn't feel it was worthwhile claybar'ing the car...

So i jumped straight in with the UDM and SFX1 and went round the whole car... this was buffed off, then SFX2, and then SFX3... this was buffed down and the car was coated by hand in P21's wax... i let the wax cure and then buffed it off with the UDM, once buffed i then wiped round the car with megs professional showroom shine detailer and then wiped it off.... job done!

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4534.jpg

IMG_4537.jpg

IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4541.jpg

IMG_4539.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

IMG_4550.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

IMG_4561.jpg

What do you guys think? Does it look like it's done 100k?

Jim
:)

172 & RSi
Looks class in the after pics, wouldn't think it had done 100k. I just wish there was someone local I could get to detail mine like that :(

Ph1 172 + Combo van
wow! the wheels came up well good.
my dad has one and it is a huge car to clean compared to a little clio
well done, looks great!

200 Gordini
Looks new, I would of clayed it anyway after doing 100k I bet alot of s**t would of come off the paint.

Got any after interior pics?

C

clvs2222

looks fab, apreciate all the hard work you've put in that. i did a clio today from start to finish and it took 5 hours.

Golf R soon...
Wow thats awesome. Looks like a lot of effort has gone into that!

I would love for my paint work to look swirl free :(

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Looks superb, how much does she want for it? Or is she so happy with it now she's keeping it?? :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I know BMW's quite well, and the people that buy them.

I will put money on it, that you have polished about £1500 more value into that car.

Good work!!

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
blimey - surprised your mum still wanted to sell after u finished - top job...............