ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full exhaust systems for the Clio 200

Clio 200
Hey guys.

I hope this post doesn't open up a real can of worms, but I'd certainly like some information if possible. :)

First off, if a full exhaust system - with no cat - was to be installed, what problems would occur as a result of the lambda sensor which sits after the second cat picks up on altered emissions? I recall with the mk2 106 GTi's that the 2nd lambda was purely there to monitor the integrity of the cat, so no performance issues were caused, however, it did cause the engine management light to come on... So what happens on the Clio 200, does anyone know?

Lastly, I've heard that the Clio 200's seem to suffer from a large flat spot low in the rev range when fitted with full, de-cat exhaust systems. Is this something EVERYONE has experienced who's fitted one?

Has anyone seen this exhaust system? : http://www.akrapovic.com/car-exhaus...nault-clio-iii-rs-200-2009-2010/evolution-86/

The build quality looks second to none, but so does the price! :eek: However, if you look at their claimed dyno figuers, there's doesn't appear to be any flat spots. I've Emailed them for some serious explanations ;) It's probably worth noting that their full system starts from after the pre-cat, and it has a dummy cat too, so this may help the flat spot issue?

Thanks in advance :)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi Toadus,

I loved my supersprint on my 182, don't know if they're made for the 200 but might worth a look.

Clio 200
Hey. :)

I need to find out about the possible lambda issue and also the flat spot issue before I go for one.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you mess with the exhaust (Decat or removal of centre silencer) on a 197/200 you WILL get a horrendous flat spot at 5000 rpm. The only way to cure it is to have it mapped.

Go onto www.clio197.net for more info on it.

Clio 200
Thanks Daniel.

Looking at a few RR graphs, I can see some slight flat spots around 2500rpm, but nothing major. maybe I didn't find what you saw?

If the car is just new let it loosen up abit.

My 200 pops and sounds much better now its got a few miles on it ;)

200 with booost
I have a full Milltek with decat fitted to my 200.

Firstly there is no issue with the lambda sensor. The clio has two cats on it one after the manifold and another under the car. When fitting a decat pipe only the one under the car is removed, my car was tested for emmissions before and after fitment, both times it passed the legal requirement. No warning lights will appear.

Secondly, this talk of a flat spots is rubbish - The clio 200 suffers from a couple of flat spots straight out of the showroom, not to mention the kangerooing, all this was solved and sorted with the fitment of my Milltek.

I do high millage in my 200, just coming upto 20,000 hard and fast miles in nearly 9 months , over 12,000 of those with the Milltek, over that period I have experienced no problems with the car or exhaust whatsoever. The quality of the pipe is excellent, the noise is incredible and the throttle response is improved.

Overall, I'd say go for it, get a zorst and choose whatever one you want to suit your preference and budget

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Do these people have the equipment and knowledge to map Clio's? Tell me more... ;)

They run 2 Clio cup cars in the touring championship, driven them myself.

Great group of guys.

PM me and I'll give you the owners number to speak to.

Clio 200
Fernandez - Thanks for your post. Some very reassuring info :)

Thanks Mr Dubai182. I'm currently considering buying K-Tec's ECU module, which allows a pre-loaded program to be placed on to my ECU, then my wideband sekf adjusts the map. They seem very confident in its success. Could you recommend me a garage to get an Akrapovic exhaust installed here please mate?