ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full fat or Cup

I am probably gonna get flamed for this, but I HAVE done a search over the past 2 nights and not found the right answers-honest.

Which should I get a 197 full fat or a Cup with xenons and aircon? I love driving and like the 'raw' feel and hardly ever do long journey's and if I did I could more than easily put up with less creature comforts. BUT- I promised myself that my next car would have xenons AND aircon SO-
Which one should I go for?
btw, it will be white with black wheels..

RS 172
I've always thought Cups should be had if you've got another car aswell, as they could be hard to live with as a daily runner with no A/C or ABS; whereas the FF could be your daily motor.

Thats my uneducated view anyway, owners will give you a real insight :D.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I agree, by speccing air con you are adding a lot of the weight back into the car and so the only real reason for getting a cup over the FF is the price difference imho

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
197cup is pointless IMO like the 182cup

Just get a 197 with cup packs.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

IMO if your saving 2k on the price, that what won me over.

Don't miss xennon's or anything else. Have A/C can't see the point in buya car these day without it, only as a resale point of view.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
^^^ depending on where you buy one from, renaultsport is the place to ask, picked mine up for under 13k with a/c and black wheels. List price is 14,995 without any extras.

Megane Mk4
172 cup looks the best, 182s come with stupid wheels
Does that include Trophy wheels? ;)

All depends on what your wanting the car for tbh, if you want your comforts and like to be spoilt, buy the FF, if not and want the raw feel, don't.
tbh there isn't much difference in speed and acceleration in either, and performance difference isn't that much to shout about too. If you've got the money to throw at it, get them to build it to your spec.

Mark 1 Clio V6
I bought the Cup and have not looked back. Money is better in my pocket than Renaults.

I came from a Focus ST-3 and miss none of the comforts it had.
Xenon's are, IMO, a waste of time and money.

I also think if you are going for the 197 in white with black wheels the cup looks better with the black rub strips and mirrors.

Cup will always be cooler and have better reviews about it than a full fat (with or without cup pack). ;)

meg1.6
search around u can get some great deals if u play the dealers on the RS forum off each other, ended up getting a FF with cup/xenons for 13675, course that was around xmas time

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

IMO if your saving 2k on the price, that what won me over.

Don't miss xennon's or anything else. Have A/C can't see the point in buya car these day without it, only as a resale point of view.

was just baiting lol, i'd get the cup to, but in RB

Thanks for the help guys and gals!

I will be getting the car brand new via a business contract hire scheme. I really enjoy driving and have done a little bit of motorsport through the years(rallying hillclimbing etc) but after reading many posts on here, it doesnt really seem like the cup offers much more driver feel over the full fat?
The other interesting thing is that a Cup with xenons, recaros and aircom comes in at almost the same price as an R26 Megane.....