ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full Tank mileage

182 ff
hey people

filled up yesterday as per norm only to get 395 miles on my digi (bp)

normally fill up and its 365 max ( v-max)

does anyone know what the full tank can hold in laymans terms pls

mark

Black RS200
hey people

filled up yesterday as per norm only to get 395 miles on my digi (bp)

normally fill up and its 365 max ( v-max)

How much?? i get 280 to a tank, 310 if i drive like a nun and change gear @ 2500/3000 rev's

its a 50 ltr tank, most ive put in mine was around 48 ltrs.

182 ff
thing is i think the trip computer might be f**king up as last week i had 140 miles on the clock hammered it for about ten miles, abs light and esp light came on so i stopped to reset it ( turning the car on and off )

only to see i had lost 60 miles ????

E87 118d M Sport
if im full, i read 360odd miles in tank. i fill up at about 50miles left in the tank (at the lowest).

must be about 50 liters. (nearly 11 gallons?)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Depends how you drive. its all worked out on averages.

Sometimes i can poodle home 3 miles from the local shell, get 40mpg (its a short run along the motorway) and ive got 450miles range (11 gallons full). Sometimes ive been out, so the car is warm, and it gets some heavy right foot action and i get 25mpg on the journey home. range then is about 250.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
320 usually from full till red light

I always fill mine up and reset the millage so always know how many miles are left in the tank.

Most i've ever put in was 44ltrs

Golf MK6 GT TDI
i only get about 280ish out of mine, but most of my driving is stop start sitting in traffic! dam traffic!

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I normally fill mine up at about 1/8th left (one notch above 'empty').......normally get 240 miles per tank from full. Normally says 30-50ish miles left.

Yes I 'enjoy' my car every day ;) didnt buy it to drive like a granny! Although long runs I'll get 40-42mpg down to Dartford area where my best mate lives. Normal combined according to the car is about 28/29mpg. My drive to work is country B roads all the way :D

182 ff
always get 310 to mine.

f**k me 395 miles!!! you must idle every where.

lol na this was when i filled it up it said that gave it a bit 100+ for about 5 miles and it just said 384 lol ,normally get 330 ish

thats why i think my read out might be fucked :rolleyes:

Ph1 172
50 litres isn't it?

I run it till the light comes on and then fill up, but I have never managed to pack more than 40 lts in. Spoke to the local stealers to confirm the tank capacity and he said it is 50lt, so I should get about 100 miles on the fuel light! Have'nt risked it yet....

I get about 360 miles from 40 lt so im happy with that.
icon7.gif

a black one
lol na this was when i filled it up it said that gave it a bit 100+ for about 5 miles and it just said 384 lol ,normally get 330 ish

thats why i think my read out might be f**ked :rolleyes:

The trip is based on the MPG's you are getting at the time. If you reset the trip often the read out will always vary quite significantly, where as if you leave if it for a long time it will eventually flatten out.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
Best way to work it out is to take a note of the miles you have done since the last fill up, use the amount of fuel used to fill the tank and turn into gallons (remember UK not US), do some maths and get the true MPG.

Black RS200
managed 282 miles on this last tank, just put 46 ltrs in, trip computer showing 386 miles left but that will soon drop when i drive to work.
another thing i no loads of u wont agree with is i only use normal 95 (Shell) if i use the 98 grade i get less mpg

Black RS200
yep

ran it for 8 months using only 97/98 RON (always Shell, never used any other)
changed to 95 RON got more mpg (only 20/30 miles or so to a tank) and the car ran better so always used 95 RON ever since.

RB 182 with CUP packs
Normally anything between 250-270 for normal town driving from a tank.
But when we went to Bristol I got 365 from that tank.

With the fuel light on I can get around 40 litres into the car, and from that I can get about 400 miles of town driving and back road blasting.

(Don't do motorways round here)