ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fully decatted Scoob

rallyspec 1.4 & 1.8 16v
8k insurance!!!
im soo glad I liv in the middle of nowhere :)
3.5k fully comp 05 wrx :):)
now I just need to save for the actual car... and most of the 3.5k

182 Full of Fat
:S sorry but that is a horrible noise, sounds really weird.
I'd personally be embarrassed to drive with that noise lol

little loud for me (yes mine is the loudest car ever but only at full chat) but i really like that, the car itself is coming along nicely and i admire you for doing it the way YOU want, not the way the hoards on a internetz forum dictate.

you're young, you have a scooby, crack on...

all the people making LOLs at your engine size can fcuk off in all honesty. we werent all born with the silver spoons to buy V12 monsters, the fcukers still a 2.0litre engine... much like the majority of the clio range iirc.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
little loud for me (yes mine is the loudest car ever but only at full chat) but i really like that, the car itself is coming along nicely and i admire you for doing it the way YOU want, not the way the hoards on a internetz forum dictate.

all the people making LOLs at your engine size can fcuk off in all honesty. we werent all born with the silver spoons to buy V12 monsters, the fcukers still a 2.0litre engine... much like the majority of the clio range iirc.

If this was an Impreza forum they'd all be squabbling about how he's STI'd an NA. Much like we grumble about 2.0 badges on a 1.2. lol.

I think the rep thing's a bit wrong, but fair play to you anyways mate.

no i understand and sort of agree christobear, but the slagging off if just unreal.

i said to jamie the other week it would look great smoothed off and with fog blanks, but its his car isnt it. it hardly looks bad nor sounds bad (imo)

i'm off to add some .R decals to my full fat 225.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Totally agree, and hopefully Jamie knows i'm not like that.

I'm just corrupted by JDMness when it comes to Imprezas... spoilerless, negative offset and pan-scraping. ;)

Did you got through Bury today?
Yeah! Where did you see/hear me?

:S sorry but that is a horrible noise, sounds really weird.
I'd personally be embarrassed to drive with that noise lol
Good job I like it then :)

Impreza's are ment to be loud!! Sounds insane!
You know the score!

Precisely Naif :) I'm doing what I want to my own car, comments like 'needs the spoiler taking off' or 'needs lowering and fat wh33lz y0', no it doesn't, you just think it looks good with them. I don't want them.

If this was an Impreza forum they'd all be squabbling about how he's STI'd an NA. Much like we grumble about 2.0 badges on a 1.2. lol.

I think the rep thing's a bit wrong, but fair play to you anyways mate.
I've not STI'd it though. I don't know if you have been on an Impreza forum, but nobody is really that arsed what you do to your car on there as it's your car. The only STI thing on it are the wheels and the higher scoop. It's hardly a replica when it's the exact same engine, just minus a turbo :S

give it 6 months and you wish you hadnt!
Ha, good thing is I can change it back to the original cat and get the decent, albeit quieter sound back. It only cost £60 and they go for about £80 used on eBay.

Mk2 172
I used to have exact same exhaust but with equal length tubular manifolds and a VF34 turbo. Loud was not the word!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Apart from the STI wheels, STI bonnet scoop, STI spoiler... ;)

What grill is that on the front? I like

As you were going up towards Tesco, racing some Golf.
Haha that was my mate in his dirty derv, wasn't racing :rasp:

I used to have exact same exhaust but with equal length tubular manifolds and a VF34 turbo. Loud was not the word!!
s**t, I can imagine!

Apart from the STI wheels, STI bonnet scoop, STI spoiler... ;)

What grill is that on the front? I like
It's an aftermarket one. Are you going to winge about that as well ;)?

turbo + decat + boost controller = win bhp + alot of noise
n/a + decat = same bhp + alot of noise

In summary, no point.......flames means over fueling which is never good

Last edited:
Point being? It's the same with RS Clios...

Its the same with all N/A cars, whole bunch of hasstle for very little gains. It will just run lot lower EGT, which is nice but will be a b**ch at MOT time and make alot of noise. (Im currently struggling with my other car with exactly this!, but its turbo, so worth the balls ache)

Looking forward to hearing this on Thursday night. I thought it was loud enough before. :)

D.
Haha, you'll hear me before I've set off tbh. I don't like it any more :(

Its the same with all N/A cars, whole bunch of hasstle for very little gains. It will just run lot lower EGT, which is nice but will be a b**ch at MOT time and make alot of noise. (Im currently struggling with my other car with exactly this!, but its turbo, so worth the balls ache)
I don't care about performance though, I only got it for the noise. I can just take it off if I don't want it on.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
lol £8.5k for the insurance, when i was 19 and had a turbo, it was £3800 fully comp and i thought that was bad!!!
whats the mpg like on a n/a scoob?

lol £8.5k for the insurance, when i was 19 and had a turbo, it was £3800 fully comp and i thought that was bad!!!
whats the mpg like on a n/a scoob?
It depends on the area though, even though I live in a quiet area my postcode is catagorised as the 'highest risk' according to insurers.

It depends how you drive it, it's a 2.0 16v at the end of the day. Probaby the same as an RS Clio.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
i used to average 15-20mpg! you going to get a turbo when the insurance goes down?
scoobs are the best cars for noise apart from v6's>>v12's i dont understand how people can get rid of that noise just for a few bhp.. lol