ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fully or semi synthetic oil for 172 cup??

Car  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
just borrowed the gf's car to take for a thrash and the oil is a tad on the low side, nothing major but just needs a top up.

i dont have the service book etc. to hand and wondered if they take fully or semi synthetic oil?

cheers.
 
Yes, I think it is. Fully synthetic oil is highly recommed in mine manual for DCI. I dont think my DCI can run on semi synthetic oil!
With fully synthetic oil you get the best fuel economy. And with a car reving up to 7 rpms fully synthetic oil is the "only" choice I think. And I think fully synthetic oil will last longer.
 
thanks a lot.

my 106gti states semi synthetic in the book, a few people have suggested using fully synthetic in it but i'm not sure if its a good idea. the car will be revving to 8k on cams, tb's etc. what do you think i should use in that? (sorry for asking about a peugeot.lol)
 
5W40 i still a good choice. I dont own a RS, so dont know what the manual recommed. Maybe it can take 5W30 which is smother when hot (but check the manual). If you get confused then use 5W40 :D
I only use Shell Helix Ultra 5W40.
 
I can see from Shell's website that they recommed Helix Ultra 5W30. Alternative 0W40 and 5W40.
 
I'm thinking of getting a couple of gallon of silkolene on my next service, one lad said that on tick over he used silkolene it was less tappety is that right on this type of oil?
 
Back
Top