ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Funniest Thing You Have Been Told By A Dealer...

R

rich[182]

Being told their was no such thing as a Clio 182 a week after launch, even though they'd got one in the showroom lol

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
What an amazing thread....

Holdcroft Renault, Stoke on Trent!!! Idiots they are there.

When i had a faulty cat on the 182 which i had already had replaced under waranty they told me as they have already done it once it will need to go to another approved renault dealer to be replaced under warranty they can only do it once.....hmmmm different lol

O, and i recently went to test drive a 197....for one they didnt even ask to see my licence which was abit strange and also according to the guy there the 197 in its current form is that accomplished theres never going to be any more variants, no cup, r26 etc... etc... o and also they will never make one with a spoiler as the diffuser is that good....so i said the roof/boot spoiler in the options brochure is a mis-print then???

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
salesman telling me you get a better feel for the road with a leather steering wheel as opposed to a plastic/rubber one. i stopped him in his tracks and told him to go and get another salesman as i cant talk to a plank like you!

clio 172 cup
i used to work for a renault dealership as a mechanic
once a women come into the parts department and said she had a wheel trim missing on her clio and i was asked to go out and see which type of wheel trim it was and get part no of it.
i go out to the car with the woman and all 4 wheel trims are on her car so i say to her all her wheel trims are there.
she takes me to the back of the car,opens the boot and says the wheel trims missing off her spare wheel!!!!
how i stopped myself from p***ing myself with laughing there and then i don't know.

None
Funniest thing I been told by a dealer was that he would give me £500 if I swallowed 5 bags of some white powder and took it through an airport. I told him to shove himself and would only do it if I was given £2000

;)

1.2 MK2 PH2
I work for Sh*troen... I mean Citroen and sometimes I get embarassed about telling ppl how much it costs to do things or part costs etc! The parts lads know their stuff and things like to repair a top glove box cover on a Picasso costs silly money because we have to order a full new dash board (YES A FULL NEW 1) because citroen say it needs to be that way... terrible really... But we are bound by process :( Mechanics can loose their job for doing 'side jobs' or 'bodge jobs' so they never risk it!

I love the customers that seem to know better than the mechanics who have over 6-7year experiance on citroens alone and work on 10+ a day :p

Like just recently we had a young kid in, in a C2 VTS with a stripped diff, 2 illegal back tyres, green neon light on the grill and he swore to god he has nothing but nursed his car from the day he got it (6month ago it had about 10k miles on it to)

Our salesmen talk some b****cks like.... They tried to tell me that the c4 VTR will smoke a megane 225... I just walked off.

LY V6 with Recaros
When I went to test drive the 225, the salesman was trying to convince me my car was an import because I bought it from Lloyds tsc Carselect.

Him: Oh, so it's an import?

Me: No

Him: It must be, all cars that are cheaper on the internet are imports, Renault would never allow it to be sold for that cheap otherwise

Me:No, I can assure you my car is not an import

Him: I bet it doesn't have an alarm?

Me : Yes it does

Him: Ok, it must be fully specced then, but it will only have a years warranty with it.

Me: No I have a full 3 years warranty, I've just had something repaired under warranty after a year. The logbook is uk registered too

Him: Well some imports wont say it is on the logbook or show up on a hpi, but it will definitly be an import. If you look on the v5 it will say 2-axle rigid body. This means it's an import.

Me: Yeah whatever, I'm getting bored of this now! I work for a dealers and see v5s everyday, nearly all of them say that!

Also, the week before I took the 225 out when I was booking the test drive, the car there was a ff 225 with cup packs on, which is what I thought I would be driving. It had the anthracite chunky wheels. The following week the car had cup wheels on and was a different age. I said to him (same salesman) , oh it's a different car? I wasn't bothered really, so no need for him to lie..he denied it and said it was the same one we see last week. I said, erm, noo, this one has different wheels and is newer, it's a cup isn't it? He denied this, even though I know what I see! t**t!

The other week Citroen decided to tell me i didnt need an ISO adpater for my C2 for an after market stereo because they dont come with stereos.

I called him a c0ck and walked out, the t0ssers.

MKIII 138
buying a £20,000 top of the range meganesport and being told that the fuel cap isnt covered under warenty and that i had broken it after owning it for only a short while from new ! when in fact loads of megane fuel caps stick out when there not meant too from brand new.

end result.. i walked over to the mercedes garage and expressed interest in an AMG which i may be getting rather soon :D

1.8 8v RSi
I think the funniest time I went into the dealer was when I had the 172cup, there were two good looking girls behind the parts desk and i was after a bumper plastic screw, and i said:

me "Hi, I'm after a screw"
her "ooohh i see"

Suffice to say they couldnt contain their laughter and began giggling away with me getting redder by the second :eek: lol

lmfao

Lux'd Glacier White R26
"The Clio V6 255 does 0-60 in about 4 seconds". I laughed uncontrollably and had to walk out. I came back on 30 mins later, and the sales man went to hide in his office. LMAO.

Tys.

MCS R56
Dealer said nothing as he fell asleep on the test drive. Unfortunately, he woke up as I pulled into the garage. I was going to get his manager to show him how good he was at selling cars.

Blue Clio 182
My car was in garage for something and i used the pick up, drop off service as i work 9-5 and didnt want to use a days holiday!! anyway when they bloke dropped it off i took him 5 mins down the road to his house and he said "i like driving these renault sports" I just laughed and said it's not a sport it's a 1.2, He said looking quite embarrassed oh i thought it was with the wheels and with it being colour coded... wait for the best bit...... "it's just with it having the alloy tax disc holder and the seat belt pads that made me think it's a sport" he was a salesman at this, makes you wonder if they know what they are talking about when you buy a car!!

Oh and forgot to mention this was the second time it had been in the garage, when i got it back the problem was still there although they said they had done it, rang to book it in again and they said we cant book it in to do a job weve alrady done, best thing to do is get the AA out and they can find the problem then bring it back, So that's what i did but I took it to a different Renault dealer they sound like proper muppets, they was basically saying they didnt now what the problem was.. So they dont only employ thicko's who know nothing about the cars they sell, they employ divi's who dont know how to fix them...

Last edited:
  Meg on pistonheads £6995
1) that a new dCi 80 in 2003 was 13K including Reno finance

2) a MINT low mileage 19 RSi Turbo D was worth £600

saved £3K on number 1, made £1K on no. 2!

1.8 8v RSi
ha lol.

yep some salespeople are the biggest fools ever.

seatbelt pads - bit chavtastic wouldn't you say ;)

i have to say thou....they do save u getting a nice seatbelt groove in ur shoulder when u crash.....not that i know from personal experiance:p

clio 172 cup
After being offered a p1ss poor trade in for my Impreza at Subaru York I was told..

Ah, but we will need to put a new bonnet on it sir.

Me looking puzzled..Why's that then?

Well you seem to have cut holes in it for vents and the scoop!

Thud, thud...

Daz

audi a3 1.8t sport
hi work at a skoda dealer and customers can be abit thick
customer wants a spere key for there can wich has to be coded in to the imobiliser for it to work so customer comes in to get it done and i take the keys and go looking for the car cant find it so i go throw the front to see the customer and asked them there thay parked the car the customer sead its at home i sead well i need the car to code it in thay sead i thort you could do it from hear!:nono:

customer wants a spere key for there can wich has to be coded in to the imobiliser for it to work so customer comes in to get it done and i take the keys and go looking for the car cant find it so i go throw the front to see the customer and asked them there thay parked the car the customer sead its at home i sead well i need the car to code it in thay sead i thort you could do it from hear!:nono:
^
Just customers eh ??? :rolleyes:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^
Just customers eh ??? :rolleyes:

in english!

fook me, i have just read the whole thread, post by post... haha.

excellent.. i so want to send a print out of this thread to renault ilford and renault enfield...

im so tempted.. haha, as my friend works at renualt enfield service department. haha

fooking GREAT :D

shall i do it??

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
dealer fones me 4 years ago with a clio i got wen i was 17 and said hi mr tollan your first service is due on your clio and hows it running, i replied its emm kinda wrapped round a poll i wrote it off ... okay so i take it u WONT be wanting a service on it!!!! daft question!!!

oh oh this reminds me.. haha, i should have posted this up before..

SEAT DEALER.

drive my car into the dealership. walk into the parts area. (you can see my car from the parts department btw) The parts guy and service manager standing by the desk.

Me: I would like a seat ibiza front bumper splitter.
Parts Guy: What car is it for.
Me: Its for my clio.
Parts Guy: Are you sure? (thinking i must be stupid)
Me: Um yeah, Im quite sure thanx.
Service Manager: But your cars a clio, this splitters for a seat ibiza. It wont fit a clio?
Me: can you see my car over their?
Servce Manager and Parts Guy Look Over
Service Manager: Yes.
Me: Can you notice anything about my car?
Service Manager: Its modified
Me: No s**t (Didnt say that though)
Me: well can you see the big thing attached to the bottom of my front bumper, well that their is a SEAT IBIZA SPLITTER?
Parts Guy: oh, so you want a new one
Me: ummm, why am I here again? (stupid dick, of course I want one. lol)
Parts Guy: thats £15.95 inc VAT.

DICKHEAD

was at the main dealers yesterday with a fellow mwmber , anyway they went on about 182 on the forecourt which was chipped to 220 bhp ??? really i said ....mmmmmmmmh :nono:

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
god this thread is to funny! some1 should print off all the renault stories and send them to watchdog/renault uk lol

I shouldn't name and shame but a guy called Tony Shum at Slough Renault, was telling me, whilst testing a 172 cup, how he once raced singer Paul Young who was driving a porsche in his daihatsu charade GTTi

LMAO funniest thing ever.

MINI Cooper S
At work (i work at a mini dealership) a woman came in to the mini bit (both BMW and MINI are in the same building) :
Woman: Hi im interested in a 5 series.
Me: Oh right ok, well this is the MINI section
Woman: Oh is it? (Shes surrounded by minis and it says mini on the door) Oh wheres BMW then?
Me pointing to a great big sign saying "BMW SALES" Over there...
Woman Oh thanks..

How thick can you be? Really??

never had any probs really

went in to arnold clarke in warrington

me:just want to know the price for a laguna spliter please
him:thats 70odd quid and we have them in stock
me: oh ok, thanks
him: what car is it for

lol thought it was abit funny concidering it was a laguna splitter, but it was for me clio