ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fused Electrics

Hi Everyone,

Ive got a problem with my 16v, the sunroof seal was leaking (now sorted thanks to a tub of vaseline!!!) but its eroded most of the electrics - clifford proximity unit, renault chip board for alarm and central locking and some fuses. So now I cant set my clifford alarm (the immobiliser still works) or the factory fitted one. Luckily the central locking still works if I lock my car using the key in the door, but obviously I cant use the blippers!

Has this happened to anyone else, if so how did you fix it? Probably a Renault dealer? Im clueless about electrics, so if anyone has any ideas, Id be very grateful, pleeeeeease!!!! :(

Ta, Em16v

Thanks , Ill give the electrical cleaner a go, think I might need an auto-electrician though. Was hoping to sort it without taking it to a garage cos I reckon itll cost quite a few pennies to fix! Trouble is, if I get it fixed, Im worried about it leaking again, cos vaseline aint gonna work forever. I need some way of sealing and making it all waterproof!!!

Has anyone else had trouble with a leaking sunroof on their valver?