ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Future of the WRC?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Just watching the WRC.

theres no real challenge any more, subaru have gone.

anyone else think that the rules may once again be slackened in order to get interest back in the sport?

just like the good old days.

1470251594_d807e4b641.jpg

discuss....

182 Trophy
perhaps put a cap on the power so that costs building engines are reduced

thought the power cap was allready 300bhp??

i think they should go unlimitied again, group b ftw

although, id prefer to see touring cars get back into full swing

Clio 1.2 16v

It will never go unlimited again due to driver and spectator deaths.
The engine size/power cap now is a pretty good compromise, still quick enough to be exciting, but stops manufacturers having to randomly develop 3.0L+ engines to be competitive.

I'd like to see the drivetype restriction lifted (allowing FWD and RWD cars to have a bash at the AWDs) and in an ideal world, teams of the past to get in on the action again (Audi, Lancia, Toyota, etc)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Just get group B back.Its the spectators fault they all died for getting too close.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Seb's like Schuey in mid 90's and mid 00's...UNTOUCHABLE! Even with no brakes, a spin, runnin 1st on the stage he still wins! It's unreal!

i do love the rally tho! :)

Exige S1 + Honda S1
the turn will prob be to 2000cc NA cars, means some interesting road cars will be produced though

Seb's like Schuey in mid 90's and mid 00's...UNTOUCHABLE! Even with no brakes, a spin, runnin 1st on the stage he still wins! It's unreal!

Difference is he's got the talent without the arrogance, seems a genuinely modest laid back kinda guy. I don't begrudge him whitewashing WRC seasons as a result.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Difference is he's got the talent without the arrogance, seems a genuinely modest laid back kinda guy. I don't begrudge him whitewashing WRC seasons as a result.

LOOOOONY!!!!!!! Behave yourself my little english friend! Schuey is the most talented F1 driver to date his credentials are more than enough evidence. His ability in Cars,Karts, bikes...Fuckin donkeys is enough to prove he is hugely talented!.

Arrogance...lol...I liked his arrogance, he gave as good as he got.

Seb's a nice bloke, i'll give you that!

He just came across too smug for my liking, I don't despute the man could drive just came across as a bit of an asshole. F1 generally seems more of a breeding ground than WRC for that though tbh.

Burgandy 174 sport t
LOOOOONY!!!!!!! Behave yourself my little english friend! Schuey is the most talented F1 driver to date his credentials are more than enough evidence. His ability in Cars,Karts, bikes...f**kin donkeys is enough to prove he is hugely talented!.

Arrogance...lol...I liked his arrogance, he gave as good as he got.

Seb's a nice bloke, i'll give you that!

Ooft something u said I agree with!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
WRC over f1 for me. Spa in the rain does make me :D at f1 tho!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It'll never take off again. It's possibly the worst motorsport there is for a TV audience, and thats where the cash is. No one would watch F1 if you had the cars lapping seperately.
Until they find a TV friendly format (which I don't think is possible in the current format), it's on a downward slope IMO.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member

Seb is better at dominating tbh.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
Looking like S2000 rules are going to take over.
I quite like the WRC and will watch it on tv when its on.

Could do with Mathew Wilson getting some better results

Shed.

Heh that would be awsome. But not a good idea.

I think they are just pulling out for now (obviously) to be on the safe side of things. In a way F1 is in almost the same state but with the money that floats around the sport a lot have been saved. I mean look at Honda, using a Mclarren engine i think this year no ?

alien green rs133
i think the winner of an event then has to carry weight next event, this would help prevent loeb domination :D

Clio 220 lpg
Next year new rules. Cars have to be based on the IRC s2000 cars which are 2.oltr NA (non turbo). There are about 7 manufactureers with cars eligible for these rules built now inc opal, proton, fiat, pug, skoda, mg, vw, and one two others and subaru and mitz can jion in with there grpn cars.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
Its rumored that VW want to join the WRC with a Scirocco diesel engine, same one as used in the Leon Touring cars. They should be able to as touring cars use S2000 rules aswell. They proberly wouldnt have 300bhp but imagine the tourqe.

And the tourqe is what makes current WRC cars fast!

Clio 220 lpg
Its rumored that VW want to join the WRC with a Scirocco diesel engine, same one as used in the Leon Touring cars. They should be able to as touring cars use S2000 rules aswell. They proberly wouldnt have 300bhp but imagine the tourqe.

That would be fantastic would spice the job up even more:lolup:

FF RB 182

They'll need AWD though, big torque, FWD + Gravel = poor traction.

RB 182 Cup
Could do with Mathew Wilson getting some better results

Wish my dad ran a WRC team. May be I'd get a drive then!

Not sure that S2000 is the answer though. Too quiet, and not as sideways to watch, and like others have said the TV and spectators is where the money is. Remember the days when the RAC rally was the most watched sporting event in the country? Need a return to those days imho.