ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FYI - I have a TVR.....again

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Its like 2009 all over again, I even took it to the rents moat to fully re-live the experience.

Wanky iphone photo....

IMG_0435.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
This one is Viper blue so its ALOT brighter than my last one. Just the w**k iphone in the dark photo.

Just worked out it did 29mpg today!

f***s sake! How is it possible that a 2 litre hatch gets worse mpg than a TVR?
I thought it did look a bit lighter, although I did really like the colour of your old one.. looked classy. Need to see this in person!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Drop me a PM when your back up!

It is a 3.6 but it's only pulling 1040kg along!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Not sure if I like the rear of these.

Still, it's a TVR so it's ok.

I'm not sure on the back either, it looks tiny compared to my T350 which is odd as they share the same chassis and half the body work!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Gaytop. :(

Hero though. Makes me lol you going back to the moat. Bet you miss that beast.

Sell the OH and the house and sleep in a Sag?

Sold that M3 yet?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Joey i've never fitted them in my life!

Few pics from this morning. I'd forgotten how hard these are to drive in the wet with bald tyres. My todo list is massive!

DSC_0057-3.jpg

DSC_0059-2.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
To do list:

New tyres on rear
Fit new engine mounts
Set the Nitrons to soft
Get the geo set up like my last one
Clean and renew the interior
Refurb NSF wheel.
New wipers
Front end respray

VX220
good move, you will appreciate the noise even more with the roof down. What back box has it got or is it standard?

Also watch the rear screen in the cold as they split really easily and can easily catch in the roof support rails. Also check the trim around the windscreen and where the roof meets the frame as the frame rust from the inside. that's how i lost my targa panel when pootling along a runway at 145! (these are things you might know but just my experience)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love it mate, very jealous. The indy gone then?

More pics of moat?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Indy went Yesterday, and broke down with the new owner due to a buggered battery, which astounded me as its only 3 months old!

Pic of them together, before I took the indy to its new owner.

IMG_0437.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
good move, you will appreciate the noise even more with the roof down. What back box has it got or is it standard?

Also watch the rear screen in the cold as they split really easily and can easily catch in the roof support rails. Also check the trim around the windscreen and where the roof meets the frame as the frame rust from the inside. that's how i lost my targa panel when pootling along a runway at 145! (these are things you might know but just my experience)

Cheers for the advice.

Its got the standard backbox on but with decats, it certainly doesn't sound as good as a JP with Cats though...

VX220
yeah i had a jp box and it makes all the difference really. I might also have some new exhaust hangers knocking around so if you do change it and they need replacing let me know and you can have them.