ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

G Techniq

Hi,

Kind of following on from the G Techniq trim thread, I was just wondering if anyone had had the whole car done using their products?

They do one called C1 and it looks to me to replaced waxing? There a few videos on youtube about it and it looks really good. http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c1-crystal-lacquer/

Apparently it can only be applied by a pro though, but luckily there are 2 within about a 20 minute drive from me, so thats not really a problem.

Anyone used any other of there products, or know people that have and their experience with them?

Thanks,
Jay

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
To be honest I really dislike the stuff. To me it's like putting an anti-chip film over the whole car.

Or even putting another coat of lacquer. I prefer to see the true paint finish and pre-cleanse and wax the paint not a protective layer on top of it all.

It just doesn't sit well with me and I love some of their products.

I looked into this stuff, After talking to some detailers and the bloke who sells the stuff, I decided as a amateur detailer i wouldnt bother... probably could apply it ok now but still a bit dubious..

Applying the glass protection from the site was hard enough for me to get right, Didnt buff enough off so had a few smears to correct.

Just sticking to the polish and wax phase at the moment.

Some of the pics where very impressive though.

Waiting to win the competition of theirs, then I'll report back with the products I've bought.

Yea. I dont think I would try and attempt it myself. But as I live really close to 2 of the dealers in the UK, I really thought about it.

Well its worth finding out if they would apply it for you and how much it would cost.

Id rather have a enhancement detail (i.e. some paint correcton) or a full paint correction and a good protection wax... then it would look fantastic and the paint work would be easy to maintain after with a decent wax...

It would all be dependant on price i suppose..

And if you put the protection over poor paint work, It wouldnt look that great?

Particularly on the P1 Russ. Thinking of ordering the hot swap kit with the wool for the Panzer.

Megane R26
It's P1 that's got my attention mate. These old school polishes' days are numbered if it's as good as they say. The splatter looks nasty, but being water based, it wipes off easily with a mist of water.

C2 looks sweet too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols i'm just doing my write up on P1/Winter detail. Not impressed. Call it user error as i'm sure most will but i'm not a fan.

Used it for hand polishing. Menz 203's was the order of the day.

The splatter and dust off P1 is like nothing i've seen before.

It's P1 that's got my attention mate. These old school polishes' days are numbered if it's as good as they say. The splatter looks nasty, but being water based, it wipes off easily with a mist of water.

C2 looks sweet too.

Agreed.

Lols i'm just doing my write up on P1/Winter detail. Not impressed. Call it user error as i'm sure most will but i'm not a fan.

Used it for hand polishing. Menz 203's was the order of the day.

The splatter and dust off P1 is like nothing i've seen before.

Oh, DW? Link me?