ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Game you're most eagerly anticipating in 2016

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I have to confess that I'm thoroughly enjoying Unravel. It's visually one of the most impressive titles I've seen in a long time and the sound design is fantastic, too. It's got a certain cuteness and charm about it that really appeals... but there's just a couple of things that stop me from labelling this as a great game rather than just a good game. The controls can sometimes seem a little 'off' - almost too sensitive or precise, leading to clumsy drops of branches and edges of the environment. And the inability to (often) distinguish between foreground, background and interactive elements in a given scene.

I do like this game - and I intend to 100% it - but it's not going to knock Ori and the Blind Forest from the top spot of my "favourite 2D platformer games of recent years" list.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I have to confess that I'm thoroughly enjoying Unravel. It's visually one of the most impressive titles I've seen in a long time and the sound design is fantastic, too. It's got a certain cuteness and charm about it that really appeals... but there's just a couple of things that stop me from labelling this as a great game rather than just a good game. The controls can sometimes seem a little 'off' - almost too sensitive or precise, leading to clumsy drops of branches and edges of the environment. And the inability to (often) distinguish between foreground, background and interactive elements in a given scene.

I do like this game - and I intend to 100% it - but it's not going to knock Ori and the Blind Forest from the top spot of my "favourite 2D platformer games of recent years" list.
I just 100%'d it a moment a go.

I think it's worthy of being a considered a fantastic game. Ori is the best, it doesn't top that, and I understand the things you mention, but it didn't stop me from really enjoying playing the game. I think the background foreground thing is a consequence of what they've tried to do with the background scenery and to give it more of a 3D feel, even though it's a 2D platformer.

Easily an 8/10. Very polished, best music from any game I've ever played quite possibly, and the visuals were fantastic.

The fast folk music from chapter 4 when you're getting chased by those badger things is great, it's like folk techno.

So much value for money at the £10 or whatever I paid for it.