ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Games With Gold [XBOX]

1.8 Civic EX
So after launching games with gold on the 360, Microsoft have finally announced that it will definitely be coming to xbox one.:cool: No dates yet thought, but they will also be doing Deals with Gold, so those that have a gold membership can also buy selected stuff from the store for a bit cheaper :approve:

Arctic Blue 182
Great news this. Enjoy anything that's free (given I pay for live anyway as play multiplayer).

Just saw this on the dashboard. Great news.

I've no idea what the 360 get at the moment, but the PS4 ones I've previously downloaded were a nice bonus.

TBH the games you get on the 360 are generally pants. Still, I'm not one to turn my nose up at a freebie.

Fair play, didn't realise there were actually some decent ones. I'll be all over Saints Row too, that game is a right laugh.

Goliath I
Some of the 360 ones were mainly decent arcade titles. But they did do one of the Fables, Halo 3 and Dead Rising 2 which is okay really.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.” We’re pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June.

The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.” A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.

1.8 Civic EX
Live from today from what I understand (not had a chance to check yet).

As stated above starting with Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

1.8 Civic EX
Downloaded Spartan Assault yesterday. Not tried it yet. I hate the Halo games, always have, but was after something new for local co-op and this looks like it might do the trick. Worth a go for free.

1.8 Civic EX
Seeing as it was mentioned in the xbox one thread, thought I'd bump this up.

Quite enjoying Halo: Spartan Assault, really simple, pick up and play. Can finish a level in less that 5 mins, approx 25 levels with plenty of re-playability for grabbing those achievments.

Can't find any mention online as yet for July's games. Some rumours dotted about that it will be reduced to one game a month for XONE owners.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Can't find any mention online as yet for July's games. Some rumours dotted about that it will be reduced to one game a month for XONE owners.
That wouldn't surprise me because, at a couple of games a month, we would be through the entire XBox One game catalog within a few months! :eek: :p Suffice to say I'm looking forward to the release of some new titles soon...

1.8 Civic EX
XONE

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - Available July 2-31

WTF is that? lol

X360

Gotham City Impostors - Available July 1-15

BattleBlock Theater - Available July 16-31

Last edited:
  Nippy white cup
Lol looks mental!

[video]http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/05/guacamelee-super-turbo-championship-edition-announcement-trailer[/video]

1.8 Civic EX
Played Guacamelee for about half an hour last night. The best way I can describe it is a side scrolling, platform, beat 'em up, rpg with a strange sense of humour.

It the usual, go to a viallge, speak to the villagers, help them out with mini missions, earn money, unlock new moves. The new moves allow you to access new areas of the map and progress. I'll stick at it as (similar to the Halo SA) it's very pick up and play so great for just a quick 30min gaming session.

So far I'd give it a 6/10. That may improve the more I get into it though.

Goliath I
Awesome! Loved Dishonoured, had it for ages through Lovefilm.

Batman Arkham City is only about £3 on there now too.

1.8 Civic EX
They are hardly likely to start dishing out Forza or Battlefield etc for free when the console hasn't even been out for a full year yet...

The Halo game was alright for a quick pick up and play, and Guacamelee was actually rather entertaining.

Looking forward to giving Crimson Dragon a go as it was a launch title for the console and looks to be again, something that can be a quick bit of fun.

I'm guessing the first free big budget game available via Games With Gold will be Ryse, to either celebrate the first full year of the console in Nov, or as a Christmas bonus in Dec.

1.8 Civic EX
Chariot is Octobers free game on the Xbox One, available from today. No idea what it's about, looks to be some sort of puzzle type game you'd expect to have on your smart phone. Might be worth a go for the sake of it, although saying that I downloaded Crimson Dragon on 1st Aug and haven't even tried it yet.

1.8 Civic EX
Starfox was awesome (for it's time). I'm now tempted to give it a go just to see how rubbish it is, problem is I'll go an get an achievement, then I'll feel compelled to carry on playing to get the rest of them.