ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GAP insurance

, RAC rang last night and in conjunction with adrian flux offered a fixed price as from today valuation of my car that would stand for 3 years in the event of a write off i,e if they value your car as 9k today then in 2 years 11 months it gets nicked and the insurance value it at 5k then they will also give me a cheque for the 4k difference, the monthly premium is 9 quid. any one had any experince of these and are they any cop????

I had it on my old car - waste of money tbh... sounded like a good idea at the time.

Bit like having an extended warranty on ur toaster.

RB182cup&golf gti

renault offered it me when i bought the cup - i know a couple of ppl whove taken it. Unless you plan on getting your car robbed or written off within 3 yrs i wouldnt bother as its just another money making scheme for the insurers

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

You will only get the value of car at time when it was bought if the car is written off. If you think about the damage youd need to do to write off 5Ks worth of car it would be in an extreme case scenario. I admit that Ive gotten it, it covers me for 3 years after Ive bought the car (another 2 years left) it cost me £400 when I got the car, and with the depreciation side I felt it was worth it, whether or not I actually use it is another story. Just like with normal car insurance you only find out how good it is when you actually need it!!!

I cancelled mine at the last minute. They took a one off payment out of my deposit and put the monthly payments up. It would have cost me about £750 in the end. Plus at the end of the day if i wrote the car off, my insurance would go up that much i wouldnt be able to get another 182 anyway

I didnt take it out when my 172 got written off by someone with no insurance. paid 10K for car, Insurance offered 7k. i had only had the car for three months!!

had to really haggle to get the offer up. would defo buy GAP next time!!