ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Garage Stickers :(

How do you remove those stickers that garages slap on. Someone suggested razor blades but that will take off the heated window matrix. Hairdryer was also suggested:confused:

Any help appriciated

Biggy

silver valver/hybrid

heat up sticker with hairdryer till glue goes soft, pull off, get remaining glue off with some windolene and some elbow grease!

Clio 1.6 16V

Derv has the answer followed by a rag with petrol or meths. Optimax works the best cos it has loads of cleaning additives .... he haw!;) Sorry just finished a bottle of wine ... hic!

I used a hairdryer (the wifes) then used IPA to wipe of the little bit of glue that was left behind. IPA (Iso propanol alcohol is the stuff you get in bottles for cleaning tape heads etc.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

I always thought lighter fluid was the best thing to get off stick stuff :D

Just keep the windows open while you do it ;)

Warm it with a hairdryer and peel it off. If all the sticky stuff is left on the window use Isopropyl alcohol to remove it, or you can also use WD40 to remove the sticky stuff.

I also just pulled mine off by hand ;), but seriously I can imagine the image fo you guys reeling out an extension lead to you cars then comming out with a hair drier and aiming at the rear window - people would think you were madly trying to dry the car after jet washing (hmm, an idea....)

Abarth 595 Trufeo

More to the point why do they insist on putting the bloody things on there in the first place?

Told the dealer that is he wanted to advertise on my car then he would have to knock the price down. Bizarrely there was not a sign of a sticker when we picked her up.;)

Hugh

I agree. All stickers came off my car the day I collected it. See no reason why when spending £9grand+ on a brand new car you should give the dealer free advertising too. Contemplated changing the reggie plates as well cos theyve got the logo, but decided I could put up with this as Id have to fork out for a replacement set! lol

Abarth 595 Trufeo

I thought that the dealers had to put there name on the reg plate. New law or something

Hugh

It doesnt apply to dealers as far as Im aware, only to aftermarket plate makers. Basically, anyone who makes up/sells after market reg plates now by law has to put some kind of identification mark and their VAT reg. no on the plate, so that any illegal plates (dodgy fonts, spacing, cloned plates, etc.) can be traced back to the company and they will be fined. This is really a ploy to make it more difficult to find companies willing to make up dodgy plates, illegal or without seeing the V5 first, cos theres more at stake if companies do this. But there will always be the backstreet dealers willing to make up anything you ask them to, and these types of companies wont put their mark on the plates anyway!!