ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gave the mother's car a wash..

133/225/CLS AMG
Well I'd being promising my mum I'd wash her car I finally got round to it today. I told her that I'd rather let it get dirty for a while than have it go through a car wash.

So after a good couple of months with nothing but a layer of Collinite 845 wax for protection, the car got a much needed wash. I tend to use the off the shelf products on other people's cars as they work generally just as well and are easily available, plus a fair bit cheaper!

Got my gear together, Karcher pressure washer and vacuum, two buckets and a selection of Autoglym products.

1.jpg

First up was the interior, no luckily I bought her these floor protectors from Halfords so even after two months without a vacuum there wasn't much to do.

2.jpg

I gave all the plastics a once over with Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber care then vacuumed the carpets and seats.

6.jpg

Now for the outside. Now luckily my mum doesn't do many miles but as you can imagine with all the nasty winter weather it was pretty nasty.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Gave the wheels a spray with some Autoglym Clean Wheels and left that to dwell for a few minutes. Once rinsed with the pressure washer they came up almost clean.

7Rinsed.jpg

Then foamed the car with Valet Pro PH neutral snow foam and left to dwell. Once pre-rinsed, the car was washed using a Meguiars Microfibre wash mitt and Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo. Wheels were then washed with a separate mitt and again with the same shampoo.

The car was then rinsed and bodywork dried using two fluffy drying towels, all glass was dried using a Meguiars Water Magnet. Glass was then cleaned using Autoglym Glass cleaner. Bodywork was wiped over with Meguairs Quik Detailer.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Also was good to use my new 'detailing bay' aka the new driveway. Fits a couple of Twingos on there quite nicely!

11.jpg

133/225/CLS AMG
To be honest I've not had any problems with the Clean Wheels that said I don't leave it on the wheels for that long so that's probably why.

I tend to favour Sonus Rim Bright which is PH Neutral for my own cars but for a quick easy spray, 1 minute and pressure wash the wheels come up clean enough. I'm not one for using a harsher cleaner, leave it five minutes, agitate loads with a brush and then rinse. Would rather do the hard work with a wash mitt and shampoo.

love the white twingo!!

That's the Mrs Twingo 133. We're a bit of a Twingo family as there's three in the family now haha.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Nice work!

Is that Karcher hoover any good been thinking about getting one?

133/225/CLS AMG
I actually really like the vacuum. It was about £50 in Tesco so a bit of an impulse buy. Easier than taking out the Vax we use indoors and has a far longer hose. Much better than a rubbish 12v one so yeah I'd recommend it.

Had it a while now and works great for me. :) In fact I've used it on my mum's ok SportKa which hadn't been vacuumed at one point for about 6 months. Brought the carpets up brilliantly.