ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gaz's Ph2 Iceberg 172

thought I'd start a project thread on my 172 as it's in need of some TLC.

plans/goal is to get it to a much higher standard, subtle mods nothing overly fancy, a sleeper without being cheaply thrown together really.

as I got it last Tuseday.
DSC02296-1.jpg

Headlamp correction was first on the cards as they had some serious scuffing, the scratches didn't completely come out but they still look a lot better.
DSC02299.jpg

Steering wheel was on the piss and pulled ever so slightly, not surprising as most of the wheels have met a kerb at some point so next job was tracking, I used the opportunity to get under it and have a poke around, I was surprised at how good it was.
IMAG0217.jpg

gearstick gaiter fell apart when I tried to push it back into it's hole so that was replaced.
DSC02300.jpg

how it currently stands
IMG_00111.jpg

wheel refurb was planned to be next but after checking the cambelt THAT will be getting done first!
IMG_00041.jpg

IMG_00051.jpg

by my standards it's still good but apparently by 172 standards it really isn't :nono:

plans are to tighten up the engine mounts, either with new and or polybushes a catback system and some carbon fibre.

normally I'd go for top end tyres first but it goes round bends a lot quicker and a lot more stable than any of my previous cars so I'll get the use out of what I have first..

small update mainly cosmetics done while I set aside a pile of cash for the belts (sadface) first off was replacing the candle power sidelights for a set of LEDs from a friend who runs Xenons Online also replaced the sunny delight indicator bulbs, on reflection ;) the indicator bulbs look horrendous (Halfords special) so I'll pick up some actual silver ones next time I'm down Maccess, the LED sidelights were brilliant though and I can't recommend them enough.
I also followed the crowd and bought it a Fabia splitter which looks a lot better than I thought it would.

Before
IMG_00281.jpg

After
IMG_00291.jpg

I've also been working on the paintwork bit by bit as it really was plastered in tar, to a point where I had to go from regular clay to heavy duty purple, I've also found in my cleaning how badly the front bumper is, at some point someone has gone at two areas with a rattlecan with no laquer and not a lot of prep, which TBH I'm happy about as it means I've got an excuse to spray the front bumper and get it looking fresh.

IMG_00271.jpg