ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear linkage

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio cup 172
My clio the gearstick is like a dick in a bucket it still goes in gear ok but i wondered whats the easiest quickest way of sorting it out can i by a whole new setup somewhere or what nit really that up for taking stuff apart an s**t also is anyone at bedford on 19th thought id go back there as it was mental lst time i did abingdon but they put loads of cones everywhere that i kept knockin all over the gaff an couldnt go as quickso was a bit boring wear as at bedford you can just nail it around an not worry or if anyone nos of any other tracks that are big an dont have walls an stuff to hit

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Wow! That’s the hardest post to read, I think ever! I’m out of breath reading it!

I’m not sure you are going to be able to fix anything without taking something apart. I’d be looking at the bushings personally, PMS shifter gets great reviews especially on a track car. But needs setting up properly I have read. Again if you are not up for taking “stuff apart an s**t” probably best to buy one and take it to somewhere appropriate to fit.

Not cheap mind.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
You can make the standard gearstick a lot more solid quite easily but first you need to see where your problem lies.
Up and down play will usually relate to the ball joint in the gearstick housing. This gets worn but can be replaced for less than £10 off eBay.
There is a plastic bush on the gearbox side, a few £ from Renault which can also help and finally some brass bushes on the lower part of the gearstick to replace a worn rubber part

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'd suggest maybe looking at the Yanoo 1.0 kit, might fix a lot of your problems or go PMS if you have £400 to spare.

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Yanoo v1.0 kit and brass bushes are a good starting point but that does mean taking the whole stick assembly out and apart.

Worth the effort though.

Clio cup 172
stuck some of my sons plasterseen around the bottom bit an it dont waggle about anywhere near as bad as it did so weel see how it goes if not ill have to get some commas

Clio cup 172
Im a little confused this video is about school work not gear linkage im or is it one of those spam things that come on the internet i think ill just go to a garage an show them the problem let them do it cos this is all a bit confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.