ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox issue

Clio III 1.2 16v
Hi was wondering if anyone could help me out here.

I have a 1400 Alize and sometimes when changing down or going up the box. It kind of refuses to go into 2nd gear. And im wondering if anybody has any idea on what could be causing this problem. As it is really quite annoying.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
it could be the synchro assembly baulking up as it was an issue on cars of your age. Have you tried a gearbox oil change? use renault supplied gear oil not a motor factors equivalent

500bhp Scoob
could be an engine mount, I used to struggle getting my old mk1 clio into a lower gear, usually 3rd to 2nd, caused by a worn mount, would cause the engine and gearbox to move a bit more than intended and make it harder to get into certain gears

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I would try the dearbox oil change, mine was like this when i got it changed the oil and its been fine. I got to get round to doing it on my mums car.